Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jackson Hole

Our good friends, Rich and Abby invited us to their condo in Jackson Hole, WY last week. It was a BEAUTIFUL drive even though it took a good 5 hours. The boys did great even though we had to count down the hours for them- "How much longer Mommy?" "Still 4 hours left... 3 hours..."etc. 
Of course the guitars were a must. Rich is one of the few people who has music on the brain almost as much as Adam. The little boys had fun playing in the loft for three days. And all the boys had fun playing with the greatest find from our Dollar Store adventure- styrofoam airplanes. (Although by the end of our stay, Rich's had pennies and aluminum can pieces and pieces shaved down to make it the best plane ever...) Abby and I just read magazines and talked. Seriously- that's my kind of vacation! 
Abby- who has the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes you have ever seen- second is her hubby, Rich. Their kids are going to have amazing eyes... (This is Ollie taking shots with the camera- he wants to take it over every time he sees it.)
STill Ollie with a major close up.
At the visitor's center. Behind the boys you can see little fur samples of all different kinds of animals found in the Tetons. It was cool- my favorite was the fox fur- so soft and I never knew.
Oliver Jack shots from knee-length. (Sheesh- good thing I let him have the camera- otherwise I wouldn't have any pics!)
It was so, so cold in Jackson! We had water bottles in our car that froze and stayed solid the entire stay. Tons of snow everywhere too. Did I mention it was beautiful and clean and refreshing?
All the shops on Main Street are around this park. We walked around and had some great BBQ lunch in town at Bubba's. The last time I was in Jackson was when I was seven or so and these arches made from elk antlers are the only thing I can remember. Oh yeah- and eating sandwiches in our camper.
The view of the mountains from the condo. They were glorious!
This pic is so cute- Ollie was complaining the whole time we drove home that he couldn't see the river. Finally he caught a glimpse! The Snake River was so wide and such a pretty color. I just wanted to watch it all day. 
The sun was shining in our faces for like 3 hours of our ride home- so Ollie had to wear my sunglasses. Love his hot little cheeks. Plus he always has to have every toy in his hands. I can't even count how many times we had to pick them up off the floor to avoid a meltdown. 
They had elk refuges there with tons of elk. It was pretty cool to see. I guess that's where they get all the horns for the arches in the park since they shed them every year...
Finally the sun set. I stared the whole time it went down. I loved it. It was a relaxing few days and we hope to go back and see it again soon! Thanks Rich and Abby! (Sorry about my coughing the whole time...)

6 comments:

Telisse and Kade said...

Sinik.... I love your posts. I loved Ollies pictures he did well. How fun to get away out of this dirty air.... its yucky!

Emily Fotheringham said...

I love Jackson Hole! What a fun getaway for your family.

Kate said...

FUN! It is so nice to get away. I love little Ollie's pics too. Maybe he will be our next Nichole V!

Tamara with a "T" said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I'm glad you could get away and relax with friends, that's the best way to spend vacations!

Nielson said...

I love Jackson and those beautiful tetons!! What a fun trip!

Tagen and Eric said...

I remember the camper and eating sandwiches in Jackson Hole too! You should let me know when you want to go skiing in Jackson and such. We could hook you up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...