Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rainy Days

I have loved all of this rainy weather. I heard the weather person say that 13 out of the 16 days of June had been rainy. That is crazy for Utah! I have always loved summer rainstorms though- so for me it's been great. I love the smell and the warm winds and even the sound of thunder. The boys have had fun and only Elliott has complained a little that he can't ride his bike. 

He thought it was funny to run in the rain with his umbrella. Silly boy.

Playing in the gutter. I don't see too many kids doing this now, but it's what I did when I was little- so I still get excited for the boys. We get the popsicle sticks ready for boats and when the rain lets up, we go out until there isn't enough water anymore. 




I couldn't believe Ollie was so timid with this puddle. Everywhere we go (including church) he will find the tiniest puddle and splash in it. He is a little scared of the thunder and there was lots going on in this storm.

My flowerbeds have been loving it too.
Here's Ollie in his "blanket clothes" after we came in. He kept asking if it looked like his blanket was his clothes.
We've seen a few rainbows too. The boys get so excited to see them.
Here's Elliott looking at the rainbow to get the exact colors for his picture. 

I love rainbows too. This one was a double. It will be cool to see all of our lakes full this summer from all of the rain!

9 comments:

lindsey v said...

I have loved all this rain too. It's so much cooler.

I wish that my kids could play in the gutters more. We have a drain uphill from us, right next door, so all the water goes down before it gets to us. So we never have enough water for boats.

Tamara with a "T" said...

Such cute pictures of the boys in the rain! I love how the two boys are complete opposites...how did you know I LOVE rainbow pics!!! :)

Knudson Family said...

We love the rain too....so sad we live in the desert and it NEVER rains. Your post made me miss the awesome rain storms we got in San Antonio....

The Kohler Family said...

We used to play in the gutters as kids also! It was so fun! Ahhhh...back in the day......

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

We're getting the same weather up here, I love it! It's so nice and cool all the time! Beautiful flowers!

Lindz said...

I love summer rain too...it makes everything so green & pretty! And such cool rainbows!

Melissa said...

Looks like great times! We also played in the ditch when it rained. I have never even thought about the fact that my kids don't. Hum...maybe I will have to make a suggestion next time! Very cute pictures!

Tagen and Eric said...

I love this rain too! That is so great you had your boys out in the rain with little stick boats. I remember doing that and making a dam at the end of my river. So the ants would have a lake.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Hey sins!1 So i was thinking!!! When we do move out there, we CAN run together and, no you wouldn't be a third wheel? Love ya! And the boysies too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...