Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In Celebration of Mothers

I had such a meaningful Mother's Day weekend and got to spend it with some of the favorite moms in my life (including friends, sisters and sister in-laws too) I have such good examples of moms all around me- I am so blessed! It started Friday night and ended Sunday....
*Had dinner at Kneaders with Eric and Tagen.
*Went to the race for the cure with my friends. 
*Had breakfast and chatted with my friends at Kneaders (Yep- two meals in a row at Kneaders...yummy!)
*Went to pedicures with my mom and Linds and lunch afterwards.
*Sunday morning Adam made me breakfast.
*Received a homemade present from Elliott. (Full story and picture below.)
*We got flowers at church to plant at home.
*Guilt-free 2 hour nap while Adam kept his eye on the boys.
*An amazing rib dinner at the Swalbergs in their new house.
Some pictures from Sunday:

Lincoln just started smiling recently. In fact we just might spend most of his awake time bribing him with our high voices and fake smiles for a little glimpse of it. Usually I'm holding him and can't get to the camera when he starts. So on Sunday, Adam's dad- Steve was holding him in his typical football hold fashion when Lincoln started to smile up at him. So glad the camera was close by this time.
This is the new waterfall in Grammy and Grandpa's yet to be finished backyard. The boys were in heaven throwing rocks in and climbing up and down the hill. They are going to spend so much time there this summer.

Can you believe the view behind their house? This pic doesn't do justice!
Aunt Christie and Baby Lincoln
Grammy always knows how to calm him down.
Megs and Tanner making wedding plans.
This is the bracelet Elliott made for me. It's really cool- but you might have to click and enlarge to see the details. He made it in preschool on Thursday and hid it from me until Mother's Day. Then he asked if I wanted to know where he hid it. I told him he better not tell me or I might peek. So every morning when he woke up he would ask if it was Mother's Day yet. Finally, on Sunday I had to wake him up to get ready for church at 9:00. Finally I could answer that, yes- it was finally today. Then he asked if he had to wait until after church to give it to me. I said it was up to him. So he goes to the pile of stuffed animals at the foot of his bed and pulls out the bracelet and a card. The card had little papers in it where he had to tell his teacher what he thought. Here are his answers:
I love my mom because she is nice
My mom does the best cooks
My favorite thing to do with my mom is play
My mom is as beautiful as a flower
He was very proud when I wore the bracelet to church- and all the young women noticed it. He told me the blue pipe cleaner is supposed to go on top and the collection of metal hooks is supposed to go on the bottom. What a thoughtful boy. 
I love being a mom to my boysies. They are the best!

7 comments:

Knudson Family said...

That's so sweet of Elliot. Sam made me a similar bracelet when he was in preschool and I still have it. Love your purple shirt, too!

Jessica said...

The pipe cleaner is a nice touch. YOu look fabulous in that picture, by the way.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you got the royal treatment for you Mothers Day! Yah for you. Lincoln's smile is so...cute! He is such a cutie, but that smile just makes him all the cuter!

lindsey v said...

You had a crazy busy weekend! I was only with you one of the days and I was exausted.

I love the bracelet and that you wore it to church. I'm sure that made Elliott's day.

Swalbergs yard is looking so good! I want to see it!

Nielson said...

That is so cute of Elliott! I love it. Oh, and please post a 360 view of your in-laws new home....I would enjoy that :)

Elisabeth said...

Loving the bracelet. I have a ring (you know the kind that the gold rubs off and the fake gem). Andrew picked it out for me at his schools Christmas Shop. I'll keep it forever.

Mom Swalz said...

Happy Mothers Day to one of the Best Moms that I know! I couldn't have gotten a better mom for my grandbabies if I had picked you myself! I love you Sini!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...