Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Walk Really Slow For The Cure

So the plan was to run the Race for the Cure in Salt Lake on Saturday. But what really happened is this: I took the wee man in a huge double stroller. That combined with around 20,000 other participants equal a slow walk. (Oh yeah- and I might still be a little out of shape...) So my friends and I walked and talked until they couldn't take it anymore and left me in the dust. ;) It was so much fun still. 
Rachel, Lindsay, Sini, Linds and Naoma
Baby Lincoln's first race. He slept the whole time until the last 10 minutes, so I crossed the finish line holding him. Fun stuff- wish I had a picture of that.
The starting line of pink balloons. It's hard to see but there were tons of them.
This is how it looked as far as you could see in front of us and behind us. A sea of people and pink. So many people and for such a great cause. 
The girls en route. Love that you're taking a pic too Rach!
My sister, Michelle and my niece, Anikka were there too. This is officially a Mother's Day weekend tradition now that I've done it twice in a row, (unless a certain someone wants to whisk me away on a dream vacation to reward me for my fabulous motherly skills...) 

6 comments:

Amy said...

What a great cause to run for. I will have to remember that for next year. You are amazing to do the race so soon after having your baby. Way to go Sinika!

Naoma said...

I love this race even if we didn't "run". I love the cause and the best part is hanging out with you girls! I am stealing your pics too, hope you don't mind! =) Keep your eyes open for pink leotards for next year right??? and tutus!

Melissa said...

You are so good! I can not believe you did it so soon after having Lincoln, and you took him with you. Wow! You are amazing. What a fun tradition. I love you little plug at the end for a vacation, very smart. You are a good mother, and you deserve it. Tell Adam my vote is for the vacation! Ha...Ha....

Nielson said...

So fun--I love our yearly tradition :)

rachel said...

I need to send you the picture I was taking... it was of you! Anyway, that was lots of fun, I am glad we have started this tradition. If Adam takes you away on a vacation next year I won't be mad!

tammy said...

What a great thing to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...