Monday, July 20, 2009

Camping in Jackson


Over July 4th weekend we went to Wyoming for some good ol' camping. Eric and Tagen invited us up with her extended family and Linds and Brian brought their family too. It was sooo beautiful! The clouds were so cool on the way up!

Tagen's dad has all these horses. I was really excited to ride because it's been a while. Okay- so it's been like 20 years- last time I went was with my friend Telisse. But of course when it was my turn to go- Ollie had to ride with me and then cried the whole time. So it was cut short. I was bummed. The sacrifice that comes with being a mom I guess... 
Ollie riding with Tagen's sis Jamie.

Elliott was super excited to ride. After the horses went home- he kept asking if he could ride again.
Me and my {sad} little Ollie.
Oh yeah. There's Adam in the background. Little did he know he was about to get bucked off! You'll have to ask him about it- pretty funny.

We bought this huge tent last year and were excited to use it again. Adam likes it because he can stand up in it. I like it because it keeps out the rain- since every time we camp it pours.
The mosquitoes were everywhere. Poor Ollie got a bite right between the eyes- so funny. I got attacked on my ankles even though I was slathering on the repellent. Mosquitoes love our whole family- I'm jealous of people who never get bitten!
This is how Baby Lincoln slept. Adam thought I went a little overboard on the blankets- but I'd rather have him really warm than too cold. The WY temps dropped low at night.
Yes- Baby Lincoln sleeps with his eyes half open sometimes...
My little tent helper.





This is one of the ways Elliott kept busy during the 5+ hour drive each way.
And here's Adam's Wyoming firework stash. You should have seen him in the store- just like a little kid... giddy even! 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks so beautiful in all the pictures. We have done the Wyoming camping, and it does not get better than that. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I am so jealous. We really need to go camping, it has been a while.

Lincoln looks so cozy all wrapped up!

Mom Swalz said...

Looks like a great time for all- especially the boys... all of them! It's always alot of work for the moms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...