Monday, August 17, 2009

Retirement

(This post is for all my family living out of the state and country.)

My mom retired from UPS after working there for 17 years! We went to her little party and got to see her in her element. It was fun so see all the people who came to say goodbye- she has lots of friends there. They were sad to see her go. She was such a loyal UPSer. She was never late and hardly ever took a sick day. She would walk around the flowerbeds during her breaks to check on the flowers, pull weeds and even plant bulbs. Her coworkers said they would come to work only to find a vase of flowers from her personal flowerbeds on their desk- which really brightened their day. I'm so proud of my Mom for sticking it out with this job! She is amazing!

Her good friend Alice.

With some of the fam: Benny, Linds, Elli, Leena,
Addie, Michelle, Ollie, Elliott, Sini and Lincoln.

7 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

That's so cool, I didn't know she worked there. She made these little santa and reindeer carts one year for my mom, I thought they were so cute. : )

Telisse and Kade said...

Your mom has always amazed me.....

Nielson said...

How exciting for her! Now what will she do with all her free time??

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

Wow, I had no idea that your mom worked outside the home. Your mom is a great person, you're so lucky to have her.

Knudson Family said...

Congrats, Leena! You are awesome!

Jessica said...

Woohoo! She is such an example of perserverance. Your dad too....didn't he work at CocaCola for a long time too?

Mom Swalz said...

You have the most wonderful, compassionate mom, Sini! You should be so proud of her. I don't think I've ever heard her complain! What a wonderful tribute and example she is to all she is around :) I feel blessed to know her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...