Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chef Adam

I'm the cook in the family- which is kind of too bad for them because I'm not that great at it. I love to bake desserts, and I can cook if I'm using a recipe, but it's hard for me to make stuff up or think of things to make. (Feel free to send your favorite {easy} recipes my way!) And Adam's kind of bored with food so that doesn't help things. So anyway- I love when Adam cooks. He only makes a few things- but they are soo yummy. He makes crepes on Sundays when we're hanging out at home. Elliott wants him to teach me- but I'll just let it be his thing....



Adam's other specialties include omelets, steaks on the grill and breakfast things. Oh yeah- and sometimes when I have meetings after church there's a yummy lunch waiting for me!

P.S. I really want my boys to know how to cook someday. Go to culinary school or something. Then they can cook for me! I can see it now- they are getting interviewed on some tv show for their fabulous contributions to the food world and they will say "I owe it to my mom- she makes a killer baked potato..."

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it so nice to have someone else cook! Those crepes look so yummy.

You are so funny....I love what you said in your p.s. I can just see your boys saying that!! Ha...Ha...

Unknown said...

B loves to cook...LOVES it, and he's really good at it. His mother loves to cook and she would always just have B help her as she was cooking. Anyway, he learned a lot from her and I think her passion for cooking rubbed off on him. So if you want your boys to cook, maybe just pretend you really like it and have them help you.

As for me, my kids are going to have to get their skills and love for cooking from their father. All they're going to learn from me is how to make a mean quesadilla.

Nielson said...

You are a fantastic cook! And I should know :) I still make 5 or 6 of your recipes ALL the time! Those crepes do look fabulous though...mmmm....

tammy said...

those crepes look so good!!!

Steph, Tyler, Lyla & Stella said...

I love to cook, but I never have time and also I'm definitely not good at it. I just have big dreams after watching the food network and top chef...but it never quite works out. Sucks for me because Tyler's mom is an amazing cook - and then he got married and ends up with my simple and boring creations! Maybe Lyla will learn from her grandma!

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Yummy! It makes me want to go back to France just to get a crepe! Now all we have to do is get together and have a baked potato bar cuz that's my favorite! You're cookin!

lindsey v said...

You do make a killer baked potato! And delicious sandwiches, and yummy dinners and gourmet breakfasts with exotic fruits cut up over cereal. Your kids are so lucky. I have never tasted anything that wasn't good that you have made.

Elisabeth said...

Mmmmm, me thinks you need to post the crepe recipe.

Dag said...

Is that Nutella? yummmmmmmmmmm.....

Mom Swalz said...

I should do a "Chef Steve" blog too! Years ago the kids might have said they learned how to cook from me, their mom... but I'm afraid if you asked them now...they would say their dad! Oh well! That's ok! You are a great cook too Sini! It's ok to let the men contribute :) hehe!

Amy said...

Your blog made me smile. The last line is so cute. :) I'm SURE you are a fabulous cook and your family is so lucky. Those crepes look delicious! They almost look like swedish pancakes that we always make. So easy that I thought I'd share:
2 C. milk
2 C. flour
3 Tbs. sugar
3 eggs
dash of salt
mix well, pour on hot, flat pan and roll the pan around to spread the mix out. Flip and serve with your fav. toppings. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...