Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve


Cookies (thanks M) and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. We never got to send our lists off, so the boys wanted to put them right by the cookies. Oliver only wanted a silver rocket, a color changer car set and some Optimus Prime pajamas, even though he put some other things on his list. Elliott's list got a little extensive, but what he wanted most was a spark scooter, some legos, a pogo stick and a dinosaur that he could ride on and control like a robot???? And at the last second, he added a kitten.
The paper from Ollie's "I-can't-take-another-second-of-just-looking-at-the-presents-under-the-tree" fiasco. It was bound to happen...
Santa's magic key to get into our house.
Christmas Eve is also the last time we saw Corny. Cornelius the elf helped us through the whole Christmas season. He would fly back to Santa every night to report the boys' good or bad behavior and then land somewhere else for them to find each morning. Some days he liked to fly to the same spot. Sometimes five days in a row....
This wall made me so so happy. I loved checking the mail every day.

So Christmas Eve would have been such a great day, but Adam has been sick the last little bit (gall bladder maybe?) and he spent the day in the ER while I did last minute things at home. I really missed having him be the excited and giddy Santa's helper. He's usually the one who remembers the details like the batteries and moves furniture into it's Christmas position. But this time, it was mostly me. Although he did help assemble the toys that needed it. It really makes you appreciate the health most of us enjoy....

7 comments:

Lindz said...

I love Corny the little elf!! And the special key for Santa to get in...how cute! Both great ideas!! =) Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Lindz said...

PS...your Christmas card was ADORABLE!! =)

walkerbunch said...

I'm sorry to hear the Swalz was sick. -I hope he's feeling better now. -I love all of your traditions (The elf, key, etc.) I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas!

Elisabeth said...

Adam feeling better? I know I was totally bummed Dale was so sick. I missed his help and my Santa partner. The wrapping paper made me laugh. Looks like you had fun.

Melissa said...

Such cute traditions. I love the key, very awesome. I need to find out were you got that. You are such a good mom!! Hope Adam is feeling better.

Jessica said...

I want a Corny the Elf! I liked your Christmas card wall. Ours is coming...but late. It's a Christmas card/birth announcement. Your card was beautiful. I noticed you waited until you had mailed your cards until you posted the new family picture on the blog. I do that too! I wouldn't want to spoil the novelty of the new family picture by posting it on the blog first!

tammy said...

I am finally caught up! I loved reading all your Christmas stories. I laughed a lot! That little elf was hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...