Wednesday, December 30, 2009

christmas


I love this picture- not just because it shows our little Charlie Brown tree that I love (I only got blurry shots for some reason...) but because of the clock in the background. I think we did better than previous years and were done around 1:30 AM. We have learned a few things from past years and now we wrap most of the presents before Christmas Eve.
Ollie woke us up around 7:30 and we waited until Elliott woke up closer to 8:00. We let the baby sleep. I love how excited they are.

Ollie's stocking
Elliott's stocking


Elliott was our little present helper this year.
Adam was still sick and had to go lay down the second we were done unwrapping. It was really sad.

Baby Linc joined us half way through. He was just excited watching everyone and seeing paper everywhere.

Adam's gift to the boys- old school laser tag sets. He loved these when he was a kid. Thank goodness for ebay.
Ollie with his silver rocket and color changer race track.
Elliott with his pogo stick and spark scooter.
Adam helped get this started with water before he went into hibernation for a few hours. This meant I got to do all the package unwrapping, battery installing and breakfast. It was sweet. Our house is still a disaster area- a fun one though!
Elliott's scientific kit with a talking microscope. I just love how it's all rigged up.
Sweet Baby Linc. Notice he's playing with the paper and not his toy...
My boys.
Oh yeah- that's my card table on the right. I've wanted one since we got married. Adam hooked me up this year including Erasure's greatest hits CD, some cool jewelry and the best present of all, a love note. I could never understand why my mom would suggest a note from us when we would ask her what she wanted for Christmas/ birthdays/mother's day. It means so much to a girl!


{Tagen and Eric with Oliver and Elliott}
Later that day we went to my parents house. Elliott got one of his favorite presents from Grandma and Grandpa- a real life handy man kit- with everything just his size. He wouldn't take the ensemble off- pretty funny. He couldn't believe the hammer and screw drivers were real- and all his very own!
Grandma and Grandpa with the boys.
We finished off the night at Adam's parent's house. This was the first year all of their kids were out of town, except for us. We had a fabulous dinner and opened even more presents.
Grammy helping Elliott figure out his new Bakugans.
Grammy and Grandpa with the boys. (Ollie holding his new Rocky the Robot dump truck.)
Our family on Christmas night. It was a great day.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!! I love how you began your last few posts with your date blocks. Very cute!

Your family is so cute. I love the picture of Lincoln watching excitedly.

Christine said...

You always get great pictures! Looks like you had a good Christmas.
We've learned not to save all of the present wrapping for Christmas Eve too.

The Kohler Family said...

Did you guys get Hula Hoops?? I couldnt find any anywhere!!! LOoks like you guys had a fun Christmas! Cute post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...