Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 6 & 7- At (stormy) Sea

On Friday morning the ship's captain came over the speakers and broke the news that the Saturday port was being cancelled due to high winds, high waves and bad weather. (Actually I couldn't understand what he was saying, but the cruise director came on to clarify...) We were a little bummed since, 1. It looked really sunny and nice outside and 2. It was our last port and I was looking forward to sitting on the beach and playing in the ocean all day.
Sure enough, the clouds rolled in. It was a pretty cool sight. We went to the top deck to get pictures and and got under cover just in time for the downpour. Everyone disappeared inside, but we played cards outside (under a roof of course.) For the next two nights it was pretty wavy- everyone was feeling a little seasick. (Good thing Adam was "Alive with pleasure!") I think he actually was the most sick, but our Mexican lunch might have added to that...

They had a cirque d' soleil (sp?) type show one night and after had all the captains, most of the chefs and lots of the crew come out. I guess there were about 2,000 guests on the boat and 1,000 crew members. I still can't fathom living on a boat as your job for so many months. When you get off work- where do you go?! Anyway- they treated us so good. We saw lots of fun shows, including a stand up comedian, a ventriliquist, some country band, some funny game shows and some musical tributes. (I was just glad to go out every night!)

1 comment:

Nielson said...

Alive with pleasure??? :) That just sounds funny :) I love all the bike riding! That looks like so much fun--and I'm so sorry they cancelled the last port--I would have been very sad about that. Looks likes so much fun--I want to go on one now for my 10-year :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...