Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 8- Biking in South Beach

We got off the ship at ten and our plane didn't leave until 6 PM- so we had some time in Miami. Somehow- thanks to an iphone and the lure of segways (the boys wanted to ride them!!) we ended up in the Art Deco district of South Beach. I loved how this day turned out! Instead, we rented bikes and looped around the city and rode by the beach.

Rich, Brooke and Adam riding through the city.
Rich, Abby and Adam at a street fair.
Luke, Brooke, Rich, Adam and Sini
It was pretty chilly in FL! I was wearing two little jackets (the only warm things I brought) and was still freezing. When we got on the plane later that night it started getting so hot- Adam was dying and I was in heaven- it felt so good!


We had our Valentine lunch at a little sidewalk cafe while we stowed our luggage at the bike shop.
Goodbye Florida, friends and the cruise! It was such a fun experience- so different than anything I've ever done. We're already planning round two in 2012... :)

5 comments:

lindsey v said...

What a fun way to spend the day. I wondered what you did with your luggage.

tammy said...

that sunset picture is beautiful.

Tamara with a "T" said...

Once you try it, you can't stop! I'm glad you're planning the next one, they are a blast! We're planning our 9th :)

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

Sweet! So fun. Put Joby and I on the invite list for 2012

Rena said...

What the crap? where do you find friends that will do big stuff like this with you. I need some new people to hang out with! My family isn't really into doing stuff like this either. Bums!
I miss Florida.
Russ and I will have to do this!

exadoog~~funny verification word!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...