Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The long weekend

I haven't posted anything for a bit because my camera is broken, and I always like a good picture with my posts! It does this every once in a while (thanks to little hands) and usually starts working later on, but this time I'm not so sure.  We had a fun long weekend. On Friday night we saw the Indiana Jones movie, which was pretty entertaining even if it was a little out there. It made me think how fun it would be to discover some places that have been hidden for so many years. 

On Saturday I helped throw a shower for my friend, Heather who is having her first little boy any second. Later, we took Elliott to his soccer game, which hadn't been scheduled for that Saturday because of Memorial Day Weekend, so we were the only ones there- woops! Elliott said, "Oh well, that gives us more time to play at the park!" So we played, Elliott in his shin guards and soccer uniform. We rolled down the hills too- I hate getting old, because I didn't feel that great after doing so. :(  We packed our stuff for the weekend and left to meet Adam's family for dinner- it was Christie's birthday dinner a couple of weeks early. We ate at The Macaroni Grill. I could eat that bread all day long. Even the boys were dipping theirs in the oil and pepper. We headed straight up to the condo in Midway. We did have to stop at Target for some pajamas for me, which I forgot. Elliott kept asking how in the world I could forget them. I was only packing for Elliott, Ollie, myself and our groceries for the next few days, along with activities and toys for the boys. I did put Adam in charge of the movies we were going to watch. Getting away for the weekend used to be so much less complicated! 

On Sunday we slept in and made a huge, yummy breakfast. Then we just hung out, the boys played and I started "The Princess Academy" for a book club. We went swimming in the pool for a bit, although we spent most of the time in the hot tub. We came back, had lunch and then a long nap. Does this day get any better?? Oh yeah- it does. We got some gelato from the little bakery at the hotel. Between the 4 of us we got chocolate, green apple, pineapple and raspberry. Pineapple was the best- it reminded us of the Dole ice cream in Hawaii. We drove around Heber at night looking for a good place to eat and concluded on Pizza Hut. It was really tasty, although the restaurant was a dive!! 

Monday, we had another big breakfast, I finished up my book and then we cleaned all morning. We left around 1:00 and when we were getting into the car Elliott said he missed the condo already and asked when we were coming back. He loves it there. On the way up he said we should move there and go visit our house every once in a while. I said he would miss his friends and he said they could move up there too. We stopped by this awesome Mexican restaurant in Midway on the way out, which I can't even say, so there is no way I can spell it now. It was so great. I would drive to Midway just to eat there again. Good thing we are going back in two weeks for our ward campout. We drove down through Park City and stopped by the outlet stores, just like the rest of Utah, since it was a rainy Memorial Day. We braved the crowds and found some good deals on clothes for the boys. We stopped by my parents house for a BBQ on the way home. We were exhausted when we got back, but I started laundry anyway, and watched my Tivo after the boys went to bed. It was a great weekend. It's always so good to get away, and even better to come home!! (I think I always say that!)

2 comments:

lindsey v said...

Our old bones don't like the "roll down the hill" anymore do they? I've tried it too: "jostle - bruise - yank - oooff!"

Lindz said...

What a fun and relaxing weekend! I was laughing at the fact that you forgot your jammies...isn't that so easy to do when we have so many other people to pack for! Ha! That's so nice that you guys have a place so close to visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...