Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

I was blessed with the sweetest Mom and I just wanted to wish her a happy Mother's Day today! She was so fun to grow up with- going on hikes, taking us cross country skiing and laughing our heads off at silly jokes. She is always helping everyone around her, whether it be taking someone flowers from her awesome gardens, going to the church when no one is around to help weed and prune their flowerbeds, or helping put shingles on the neighbors' roofs. She's definitely one of the strongest women I know. She has had so many trials in her life, and just keeps moving forward. It has never been a question whether or not she will stay true to her faith- she always does. She is definitely more interested in spiritual things rather than the worldly things- I love it. I want to be more like her. The way she gives of herself as a mother and friend is amazing and has helped me be a better mom and friend. I love you Mom! Thanks for all you do for me and our whole family!

In her younger years (above) and teaching Elliott to ski in her backyard in Jan '08. (below)


I'm also lucky to have a great Mother-in-law, Karen. She has an awesome sense of humor, she's really witty and so smart, not to mention she's gorgeous!! She is such a caring Mom and is so interested in her kids' lives. Back in the day as I was getting to know Adam's family more, I was really surprised to learn that she went to all of their games and events, knew all of her kids' friends names, knew all of their parents' names, etc. etc. I just think it's awesome that she is so involved and cares about what we are up to in our lives. She's an awesome Grammy to our boys too. Sometimes I'm nervous that she has to put up with me- the only daughter in law. But she's always so great, fun and loving. Love ya Karen! Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for helping me be a better mom and always making me feel part of the family!

Elliott and Grammy (May '08)

6 comments:

lindsey v said...

Love it!

Amy said...

Oh Sini- You're so sweet. That was just great. You're such a sweetheart. Happy Mother's Day!

Telisse and Kade said...

Sinik..... that was fun too read. The good ol days Cross country skiing..... Happy Mothers Day!

The Bentley's said...

that was sweet:) happy mothers day!
linds

Nielson said...

I have loved reading about everyones mothers! Sounds like you have got some great ones--happy mothers day to you!

Mom Swalz said...

Sini- we hoped that when we met you years ago, that you would one day be part of our family. I look at you as a daughter, not an in-law. You fit in our family so well! I love you to pieces! You are such a great mom and wife. I have learned so much from you about being a mom myself. You have taught me how to be patient with everything and how to be busy and really get things done! You're the Best! I can't tell you how much I love Elliott & Ollie- It's like not really understanding the love you can have for your own child until you actually see your fitst newborn baby. It's an experience you have to experience to understand. Being a Grammy is the BEST! Happy Belated Mothers Day to you! I know you know this already...now I guess EVERYONE will know how much I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...