Thursday, May 29, 2008

the BIG runaround



Last night my sister and I planned to take our kids swimming at the local indoor pool before school gets out for the summer- before the crowds. So we got there at 10 AM and they informed us that we need to have some rubber diaper covers OVER the swim diapers we had on Ollie and Addie. They usually sell them there, but had run out over the holiday weekend. This is of course in response to the outbreak of sickness that plagued Utah pools last summer (and caused the ban of kids 5 and under from swimming for the last month of summer.) So I know it's a good thing, to have rubber diapers. So we pack the kids back in the cars, much to their dismay and head to the closest spot who may be selling them, Walgreens. Nothing. Next we go to Walmart. They had 4 hooks that usually hold them, but they were gone. So we try one last spot- Target, who is also out. Keep in mind it's not just park, run in and out. We lug our kids and their toys and keep them from running away in the store and break up fights and deal with tantrums etc, etc, etc. By the time we were done at Target, the kids were done and hungry and wondering why we hadn't gone swimming yet. So we got them some lunch, picked up some water shooters at the dollar store and came home to run through the sprinklers, which noone really did. I of course did all of this without getting ready for the day, and in my swim shorts with my flabby white legs hanging out all over. A day out on the town and I looked awesome. What a crazy morning. Here are some pics I took with my huge camera (that IS working) from the rest of the afternoon. I think the boys still had fun and they were more patient than I was about the whole situation. Hopefully someone will learn from this post to get rubber pants before they go. I should open a booth selling them outside pools this summer and make some extra cash! 

Cookie Time. Madison, Elliott and Benny watching Speed Racer Cartoons (from the 60's.)

My niece, Addie is just so cute! Plus I love babies and grass- they are always so timid. I think she would rather not put her foot down! 




                          My sister, Linds and baby Addie.
                               Benny's swimming pool.

13 comments:

Nielson said...

I am so sorry about all of your running around--multiple errands with kids are the worst (especially when you're in your bathing suit!!) :) Looks like they had fun in the end though.

Becky said...

that is such a sad story. I feel for your kids, but most especially for you having to haul the kids in to all of those stores!

lindsey v said...

Such cute pictures of the kids!

The Kohler Family said...

I bet you could totally make money selling plastic pants at the swimming pools, haha! Looks like the kids had a fun time regardless! :)

Charlotte said...

That is a rough afternoon! It's hard enough to load up the kids for swimming, but to have to go to all those stores! So, sad.

tammy said...

Sounds fun. I don't believe you have white flabby legs.

Lindz said...

What a nightmare!! I'm glad I know now that we need those pants before going swimming! Looks like you guys still made a fun day for the kids!

Rena said...

Wow! I am so glad you found my blog. I also love blogs. I have tried for the whole year to get my family blogging but no one will budge.
I recently entered the scrapbooker of the year contest through ck magazine and one of the pages I did was of my dad and your dad. They were standing outside of the barraks (sp?) in Hawaii in their little pants, no shirts and suspenders. My dad couldnt have been more than 5 or 6. It is so cute. email me so I can get your address and I will email the pic to ya.
So good to hear from you!! We are hoping to move back to Utah soon!
~rena
mcepup@yahoo.com

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Hey! It's surprising how many people are on here. My mom is all freaked out that someone is going to start stalking me because of my facebook profile and my blog. I'm really looking forward to not living at home, so I don't have to have quite so many of these talks with her! Your kids are adorable, so sorry they didn't get to go swimming, especially tough when they're counting on it and everything. If you don't have a facebook profile, you should get one b/c I have photos of your dad's grave in St. Ignatius on there. We went up and decorated them over the weekend and on our way home, I got pictures of a black bear, so cute.

Lyndee said...

That is the worst. It is so hard to get kids in and out of car seats. You kids are so cute. I haven't seen Lindsey for so long. You will have to tell her Hi from me.

Naoma said...

What a nightmare!! It is so not fun to drag small kids from one store to another! Glad that things turned out good in the end though! Thanks for the heads up so I know what I need before I take the kids swimming...

deleted said...

Well, I learned something. Since we typically swim at my parent's condo or Court's parents house, I wouldn't have thought to bring anything but a swim diaper for Ellyit this year (of course, maybe I don't want her in public pools til she's a bit older!) But in case we do I'll be sure to get some beforehand!

Tagen and Eric said...

If it makes you feel any better. You got great pictures from such a stressful day. I miss you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...