Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Race for the Cure

Last Saturday we ran in the Susan G. Komen Race for the cure. My group of running friends met up and so did my family! It was pretty amazing. There were so many people there (an expected 18,000!!!) that it took us about 10 minutes after they started the race to get to the STARTING line! On the race course all you could see were people everywhere! People could wear signs on their backs that said, "In memory of..." or "In Celebration of..." and it was really sobering to see some that said, "In memory of my mom, my grandma, and my aunt" and a lot with many names on them. There were also funny signs that said "In memory of Steph's left breast" and "Big or small, let's save them all!" It felt good to know that a lot of the money will go towards breast cancer research. Another one of my favorite parts might have been that I didn't have to organize getting everyone together! My friend, Rachel got the girls together and my sister, Michelle got our family together! It was pretty relaxing. Great weather, great company and brunch at Mimi's with my family afterwards-which I highly suggest everyone doing sometime because it was really good- so fun!

Linds, Naoma, Sini, Lindsay, Rachel



Estacia, Michelle, Anikka, Mike, Linds, Sini, My Mom



See if you can find us.....Lindsay, Naoma, Rachel and Sini

8 comments:

MiStY said...

You're awesome Sini! I think you give so much in directions you'll never even know! You are so involved and happy at the same time. Cute family by the way. I remember you mom when we met her once or twice. You guys are sweethearts!

Nielson said...

So fun--can't wait till the next one!

Naoma said...

I agree with Lindsay! Always a good time when I am with you girls!

{leah} said...

That's awsome Sini!!! My friends and I are doing the Susan K. 60mile walk in November. Yeah for boobs!!

Christine Rowley said...

Sounds fun and inspirational!

Tagen and Eric said...

Good job Sini. Eric is wondering if you saw Robert Smith, he claims that he is the lead singer for the Cure. :)

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

That looks like you had a lot of fun!! Good for you! We will have to enter in another race....remember the provo 5k? Ah the good old days! love ya!

tammy said...

Sinika!!!! I am so excited to find you are a blogger. I am doing a relay race for a cure the first week of june. Good Job!!!! I am so excited to read about you guys. Tell adam hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...