Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween '08

Halloween was so much fun this year. My boys really enjoyed the whole month, from decorations, to parties and pumpkins and candy. I think we are fans! Although, as much as I love holidays- it's always good to clean up and move on... 

This year the boys chose their costumes when we saw them at the store, since they were a little undecided. (The pics loaded out of order- what's up with blogger?)
Ollie was a knight, and wanted to be just like Elliott who was a Roman Soldier. Every time someone would ask what he was going to be, he would say "Darth Vader" even after we got his costume. (Thanks Tagen!)
Ready for trick-or-treating. It was so warm outside! The boys were fine with just their long sleeved shirts. It rained the whole time we were out, but it was more like a drizzle so it didn't even bother us.
Ollie's hat had the funniest mesh piece hanging down. It looked so much like a mullet- we just laughed! He would only wear his hat for pictures though- then it was off!

Again- a little out of order. Anyway- this is after everyone had left and the boys were SO hyper- so Adam wore them out a little by wrestling. It's one of their favorite things to do with Daddy.
Aunt Megs and Ollie. He had candy in his mouth non-stop until we brushed his teeth that night. It's funny to not put too much of a limit on how much they eat for this one night!! Ollie also ended up with more than Elliott because every time someone would let him choose from the bowl, of course he would take a handful!!
Grammy and Grandpa Swalberg have been coming to see the boys and man the doors for the last couple of Halloweens. It's always so fun to share the night with them.
Elliott's loot.
From earlier in the week: On the way to preschool. Noah is spiderman.
This is right before our ward party the week before. 
I dressed like a queen, since my boys were both knights. It was fun dressing up for once. I'm sure I'll just wear this every year now!
Adam as "The Bunny." People either laughed, or were freaked out a little by the mask...

9 comments:

lindsey v said...

Cute knight/soldier costumes!! I'm a little sad that I didn't get to see the boys in their costumes in person this year! I LOVE the mesh mullett! So funny! And good job dressing up!

I just noticed that we put the exact same title on our posts: Halloween '08. Which probably so did 5,000 other people. Haha!

Lindz said...

Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! Ayden was sitting with me & loved looking at pics of Ollie & Elliott!! He said he wanted to "go there now"!! So funny!! The family pic of you guys on the front porch is super cute!! I keeping watching out for that post that says if you are having a boy or a girl...do you know yet??

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Sinika, are you pregnant?!! No one tells me anything!

Burrell said...

Sinika,
It's Tamara's sis-in-law. I just laughed so hard at this post! You're little guys are so animated! I love their faces in some of the pictures. And the bunny mask? Yeah. I think I would be one who would laugh nervously because I was a bit freaked out by it!

Nielson said...

Your boys are sooo cute!!! I love their costumes! And Adam??? that would scare me to death...there's just something about woodland creatures....

Kelli said...

Hey Sinika...you guys just couldn't be cuter! I have my blog set to private, but send me your email and I can add you =)
kelliconger@msn.com

Amy said...

I am so glad you left a comment on my blog, I changed my blog name and lost my list of blogs.

CUTE COSTUMES!!! You make a beautiful queen! That bunny head is a bit creepy. It's so simple, but so scary at the same time, love it!

Christine Rowley said...

You all look so cute! That bunny is hilarious.
That bunny reminds me of someone from the kids show Arthur.

Mom Swalz said...

We love spending Halloween with you guys every year! It's so fun to watch the boys answer the door and pass out candy so willingly! Then to see them go and trick or treat themselves! I always love your soup too! Soooo good :) Thanks for letting us hang out with you guys! You are a beautiful queen all the time! The bunny? It is sooo Adam! Love you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...