Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crazy, Busy, Fun- Weeks in review...

So I've had a crazy but fun couple of weeks, and I thought I'd write it down so I can look at it during those weeks when I don't do a dang thing except clean up messes, change diapers and wipe noses...
Sat 11/8- Laid sod at a city park. We had an awesome turnout of yw- 12!!! I was so happy and they worked so hard. 
Mon 11/10- Found out we are having another boy. So exciting to know!!! Now we are so excited to see what he looks like, and to get used to a name... Elliott went to a birthday party for Noah from 2:30 until 8 PM. They went to Kangaroo Zoo and then to Wingers- he had so much fun.
Wed 11/12- YW was cancelled because the carpets were cleaned at the church. Grammy and Grandpa took the boys to Disney on Ice, so Adam and I decided to take in a play at Hale Center Theater. It was "Into the Woods" which we watched together back at the Snow College theater 10 years ago. It was fun, but a little long... and I remember it being more funny.
Thurs 11/13- Elliott's field trip to the grocery store. They had lots of fun- even Ollie got in the line behind the preschoolers to walk through the store like a penguin. (Except Ollie told me, "I didn't walk like a penguin, because I didn't want to.") Too cool. 
Fri 11/14- Did some Christmas shopping for the boys. Not much though. We just took Ollie since he had a little cold and Elliott went to the baby-sitting group. Ollie is such a little angel by himself. It's fun to have one on one time with him. It's like he was on a little date with us. 
Sat 11/15- E had Madison's birthday party to go to. She's one of his best friends and lives next door where Noah (his other best friend) used to live. Went to eat and to see Quantum Solace with our friends. It was better than I thought it would be- that lead actor isn't hard to watch- although I don't remember his name. 
Sun 11/16- Meeting before church, taught lesson in Young Womens, had an ice cream party for a new girl coming in at night with all the girls- craziness!
Mon 11/17- Of Montreal concert at the Murray Theater. Met up with Rich, Abby and Grant. Linds came with us too. What a crazy, fun show!!! I have never seen anything like it- but it reminded me of a mix between a circus and a play... Great music.
Tues 11/18- Had our couches cleaned- yay! Enrichment dinner at the church. We had yummy homemade soup and bread from Kneaders. There was a great speaker and a slideshow. Of course I cried. I like to blame it on the pregnancy... Stayed late talking to the girls at my table. I didn't want to leave! 
Wed 11/19- Had a pie party for Young Womens. I had a piece of Bethany's apple- Mmmm. And I'm not usually an apple pie fan. Had our presidency meeting until around 11 PM. 
Thurs 11/20- Sorted canned food at 8:30 AM with the other YW leaders from an earlier "trick or treating for food" activity. (Yes we had only been apart for a few hours...) Our part finally came in so the oven repair guy came and fixed our oven!  THREE weeks and $500 later- we can bake in our oven just in time for Thanksgiving!!! Yay! I made a huge batch of cookies that I had been craving for the last three weeks. At night we took the boys to a play at Lehi High that one of my YW is in. It was "Beauty and the Beast" and the boys LOVED it. Ollie sat in my lap the whole time and loved clapping after the scenes. They both talked about what was happening all the way through it. And it was fun to see Laura in her element...
Fri 11/21- Elliott's 6 month dentist appt. 4 cavities. Need to help him floss more. (Dr. Hughes can never hear about this post.) Haircuts for the boys next door. Dropped the boys off at babysitters and went to Gateway to Christmas shop, visit Abby, and ate at Scone Cutter. Nice and greasy.
Sat 11/22- Adam put christmas lights up on our house. Neighbor kids gathered around to watch. Elliott loved to sit right outside the window on the roof and watch. Dropped our kids off to Uncle Brian and went with Linds, Tanner and Megs to eat at Outback. I have never seen it so slow at that restaurant, but it was because of the Utah/ BYU game. Worked out for us. Went to Coldplay. So great. Two concerts in one week may be normal for Adam- but for me it was crazy! And fun.
Sun 11/23- Meeting after church.
Mon 11/24- Running with the girls in the morning I rolled my foot between the sidewalk and grass. Hurt my foot, skinned my knee and pulled a shoulder muscle. I also like to blame my clumsiness on the pregnancy... Twilight with the girls after the boys are in bed. 
Tues 11/25- Elliott's cavity filling appt. He was so brave and calm... unlike the girl next to him who was screaming. I did run in from the waiting room thinking it was him... Early dinner and Adam has pack meeting. 
Wed 11/26- Dinner with friends. YW cancelled because of Thanksgiving.
Thurs 11/27- Thanksgiving with my family. Let the holidays begin! (And the REAL craziness!!)




10 comments:

Amy said...

Whew! That is a crazy couple of weeks! Sounds like a ton of fun. "Dr Hughes" read about Elliott's cavities. Ha, ha. Just give us 7 more months and he's got the boys taken care of.

Have a great Thanksgiving! Yes, we are going to PA..9 hour drive + 8 months prego...should be fun. :)

sinika said...

Sounds like you had a couple of CRAAAAAZZZYY weeks. What else did you do with the YW? Adam

Naoma said...

Wow is all I can say... I don't think I ever have weeks that are that crazy, you are pretty much one amazing chick.

Elisabeth said...

Whew! How can you not be more exhausted and being pregnant on top of it all? I think I need some tips. I loved reading about all your adventures!

Mom Swalz said...

Wow! Just reading that makes me tired! Glad to read that you are all doing well - see you soon. Love to you all!

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Hey there super woman! I love how detailed you are! I need to be more like you and blog more often! I love to hear what's happening in the Swalberg home :-) So do you have any names picked out yet? I SO can't wait for the little guy to arrive!

lindsey v said...

It's good that it's not always like that, huh? Lots of fun stuff though.

Amy said...

4 cavities??! 4 cavities!!!! Oh, the disappointment! :)
-cody

{leah} said...

Holy Busy!!! It probably won't slow down until after the holidays -huh. I hope you are sleeping well at night, so you can take on the day.... Oh, wait your pregenant... well... happy holidays :)

Dag said...

I'm still jealous and grieving that I didn't go to Of Montreal. I bet it was the best freak show ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...