Monday, September 21, 2009

Dream Big Little Buddy


{Adam} -
He's just so darn.... determined. I wish I was better at knowing what I want. (And getting it!) Sometimes I think he's too cool for Harvest Hills, but that's what makes him so cool right?


I was looking up something to describe him and came across these definitions. I just had to laugh- they describe him perfectly.

determined:

Devoting full strength and concentrated attention to.

resolute:

firm in purpose or belief; characterized by firmness and determination; "stood resolute against the enemy";

Synonyms:

bent, bent on, dead set, out todesperate, do-or-diefirm, steadfast, steady, stiff, unbendable, unfaltering, unshakable, unwaveringfoursquarehell-bent (This one's my favorite.)single-minded, resolvedspartanstalwart, stoutundaunted, undismayed, unshakenundeterred, undiscouraged
Also See: brave#1, courageous#1; decisive#1; purposeful#1


Here are a couple of his favorite things this summer:
His '72 Moto Guzzi Ambassador.
And his '83 Plymouth Scamp. All his wishes and dreams were fulfilled when he bought this beauty. (Seriously- if I get any comments saying how "cute" or "cool" this car is- I will delete them. Just say it like it is: it's UGLY. That's what he loves about it anyway...)
Those seats are really comfy though. I want to bring them in for a chair in my house.
But I know where his heart really lies. The other day I overheard him talking to baby Lincoln and he said, "I would trade the scamp and the motorcycle just to have you." What a sweet daddy he is for 3 of the cutest boys.

P.S. The only thing Adam contributes to this blog {besides some handsome mugs) is the playlist. He just uploaded "Beautiful Boy" last night by his hero John Lennon. Check it out. I love that he loves his boys so much!

6 comments:

Mom Swalz said...

I love the last pic! He's lucky to have ALL of you! You are such a beautiful family! We are so lucky to have you!

Knudson Family said...

Yep, I'll say it. It's ugly. The car of course. Sorry Adam. ;) But all you boys are so good looking!

lindsey v said...

I was just thinking through this post that this was the perfect song to go along with it.

You are so nice to allow him to have so many hobbies.

I can't believe that foursquare is a synonym for determined. :)

Melissa said...

I have to agree that Adam is too cool for Harvest Hills!! He is such a cool guy. I have to say that when I saw that car parked in your driveway the first time, I just laughed and said "that is so Adam". It is just a perfect fit for him! You are so blessed to have such cute guys!! I love the last picture!!

Jessica said...

Yup. The car is ugly. But the husband's cute. They make a good match.

Rich said...

Yeah, I guess Adam's ok, but that car... That car...it's (*&^(*^ with my head.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...