Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 was funny.

I was so ready to kick 2009 to the curb. I'll be honest- it was a tough year for me. Of course many great things happened- Lincoln was born for one. Then I saw cjane's year in review and thought that I wanted to do something similar. Looking back- so many great things happened! I loved laughing at all of these pictures!! This might be too long for some of you (wow it's long!), but for me it was therapy.
I'm so glad 2009 happened- I hope to be a stronger person because of it... Enjoy!

january






These guys are so funny together- they just giggle like crazy! (Elliott and Noah)
tomato sauce

(Addie)
I thought it would be a great idea to invite all the moms on my street to bring their little kids who weren't in school yet to a little luncheon at my house. Someone's kid was unknowingly sick (not mine!!) and our whole street got really sick after that. That's usually how my great ideas go. But it was a fun lunch. I just have to laugh when I think of it!
mountain man

february


Playing octopus arms.
E (5 at the time) came downstairs wearing O's size 3 pants and didn't think anything was wrong. Skinny guy.
Adam's furry friend.
...the Who's were fast asleep in their beds...

Miss Suki will make her nest anywhere- especially if you are concentrating really hard on it.

We went to Indiana to visit Adam's sis- Ames. We bummed off Adam's parent's van, and we were short a seat, so someone got to sit on the floor or on a suitcase. We saw so many police and would always try to "act casual". I also love that Ollie is screaming in the background. He was having a "need to sit by Momma complex" the whole trip and my 8 month pregnant body couldn't fit between the carseats!!
march
Let the potty training begin! (We're still working on it by the way...)Poor little Lincoln will be four and asking if he can please use the potty now? Because I will never do this "year of potty training" again!!!! NEVER.
This is right before I left to the hospital to have Linc. I'll always remember this pic for that morning.



(Indiana)

Bennykins



"Checking on the baby"
april






Adam's dad took the boys to the Air Force museum. He drove our car and the boys talked him into letting them take all of these rocks and sticks- no, big pieces of wood home. "They wouldn't take no for an answer!" he said.

This is what wearing pink eye shadow does to me. And I still keep trying to buy it! "Maybe this brand will be different," I always think. (It never is.)



may



Adam (being the amazing veteran cub master that he was) got to cook breakfast for the pinewood derby. Me and my posse came along to enjoy the meal and Elliott let me know the eggs tasted "rotten." I hadn't taken any as they were short, and I'm not usually a scrambled egg fan, (unless Steve- Adam's dad cooks them) so I had a sampling of E's. Pretty soon the more outspoken dad in the group announced that indeed, something was amiss with the eggs. Fingers were pointed. Blame was bounced off like rubber from one person to the next. But all in all, Adam was in charge, and it stuck to him like glue. He will never live down those eggs. (They were grey for pete's sake.)
I really need a pair of prescription sunglasses. But in the meantime...

Video of Elliott being silly at preschool graduation.

june

I screamed SO loud when I saw this. And then I realized that this is my fate- Mom of 3 boys. (It is fake by the way.)
Playing Transformers.

Mr. Stiffly Stifferton

Thanks person I handed my camera to. What a great shot!

july





Elliott was so serious. He climbed up on the sword in the stone at Disneyland and was grunting. So funny. (But kind of sad.)
Steve's turkey leg. I didn't think people really ate like this. (Except in castles in the dark ages.)


My niece, Elli always leaves toys set up in the cutest situations. They always make me laugh.




august
Aunt Christie taught the boys how to make mustaches out of seed pods.



Bill and Ted from Adam's party. I get the giggles when I think of Meg's cut-off shirt. And Tanner was so quick that night.
Christie and Scott were soooo funny! And their hunch backs were so funny from the back too.
I just keep remembering Ben's Russian accent. I wish we had video of that night!!





september







Ollie's dance move. He's got some good ones...
...like the bum slap.



october

Adam's idea to get rid of garlic breath? Sprouts and a swig of lemon juice. (Just fyi- it didn't work.)
I leave Elliott (and his friend) alone for a minute and look what they found!! Even though I made them vacuum the grass with the shop vac (oh yes I did!) we had paper shreds from the neighbor's recycle can stuck in our grass until it snowed. I hope they're disintegrating as we speak!

Ralphie

Has anyone ever read "Pale Green Pants" by Dr. Suess? My boys love it and this just happened when E took his snow clothes off.
Can anyone be cuter when they watch a show???? (Addie)
By this time- Elliott was done with his beard, which had somehow stretched out to be bigger than him. I made him wear it for the picture and he gave me mad eyes. Even funnier.

november


What the...?



If Ollie could choose his outfit everyday... I have finally hidden those sweats, which were in his drawer for "sick days only" but he grew to love them for every day. He's getting better at the inside out and backwards wear though. Just a few days ago, he doubled up on socks- one pair on one foot, and one pair on the other. And he loves to change his socks randomly throughout the day. Pick your battles right?
Must click to enlarge!!! So funny!
E at the camera. Jill's head went missing.

Bolshevik dancing baby. Adam was inspired by the boots I bought for Linc. (Which I bought because I'm a little jealous of all of the cute girl boots out there that I can't buy!!!!)
Ollie at Grammy's.
Ollie after coming out of the best party ever. I'm serious. I peeked in the house and the decorations were amazing. Not to mention they hooked him up with a whole pirate getup.

Muscle Men

december
First Ollie had to wear his Wolverine costume to the movies. In December. Then he got so tired waiting for us to go. Sleepy super hero.
Beanie hair



the wovel
p.s. I'm thankful for it. It makes shoveling so easy.
Ollie soaked through 3 pairs of mittens. He couldn't understand we didn't have anymore for him. So I gave him these.
Of course Elliott would think of sledding on the slide. "Do you want to try it Mommy?" he asked.

Mint brownies from Kneaders. I can't get over them. And I tried to weasel the recipe out of my neighbor, whose family owns it. And he said they give recipes away, but not that one. Of course.
Can't wait to see what 2010 brings! Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Knudson Family said...

Wow, that was long. But so great. I think you may have the cutest boys ever!!! Don't you just love those random photos that tell stories. Thanks for sharing. I liked cjanes rendition as well.....

lindsey v said...

My favorite was... all of them! I wish I could've commented on individual pictures. So fun.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Your boys facial expressions crack me up! Awesome post Sinika. :o)

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

So cute, I think my 2010 resolution will be to take more photos and post them, you did a great job. Oh, and I wish your neighbors would give out their recipe for the brownies (too bad) -but maybe you could tell them that the people in Northern-Davis County would like a Kneaders here too. When my husband drags me to Cabelas - he has to take me to Kneaders first.

Emily Fotheringham said...

So fun! You are such a good mom Sinika!

Melissa said...

What an awesome idea!! I loved every bit of it. I don't know why, but the picture of you in your big sunglasses over your other glasses made me laugh the hardest. You are the best!!

Mom Swalz said...

Absolutely the cutest!!

Kristin Sokol said...

Why would you kick this one to the curb? Such cuties! I can't believe how much your little blonde boy looks like you....holy cow.

So cute to see your life in pics. Remember when we were the kids?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...