Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day #3- Roatan, Hondurus

It was so weird coming out of our (dark) room this day. As we got closer to the outside doors, we could feel how muggy and hot it was out there. I loved Roatan! I think this was my favorite day of the trip. It was just so different than anywhere I have been.

Ready to explore! Abby, Adam, Rich (So sorry Rich- I wish I had some pictures of you with your eyes open!!) Brooke and Luke.
With the natives. We had to pay them 5 bucks after this picture.
Nerd Alert. Good thing I found this green fanny pack in my parents toy room a few days before departure....
So beautiful!
We rented scooters and drove around the island. (L & B)


We stopped at this beach to snorkel. We saw a huge turtle swimming, a big crab, some sea stars and tons of fish and coral. It was so fun! Adam scraped his knee on some coral here and it left a perfect imprint of it on his knee. It's still kind of itchy so I hope it's okay...

It was so surreal driving through the tiny streets.




My helmet kept flying off! Usually it would stay around my neck because of the strap but one time it skidded onto the road. I hated that thing.
The girls.

This was the perfect place for lunch- on the beach, in the shade, people watching, and listening to the waves.
Mmmm- coke!
Our lunch- plantains, beef, pork sausage, cheese, rice and salsa.

Adam's amazing neon suit. It was easy to spot him while we were snorkeling- I'll give him that.








Out ship- The Norwegian Jewel. It looked massive next to the little port. I felt a little sheepish about it.

Us and our 3-liter of coke. Turns out our boat didn't serve coke- only Pepsi so I had to find it somewhere! :)


We got back on the boat and met for dinner. These guys clean up nice. (Is Adam paying homage to Rich's family picture from 15 years ago????)
Pretty (and tasty) desserts.

We usually met for dinner a little later, saw some shows and went dancing or did karaoke (or both!) It was so nice taking a little break from kids!
One night we rented a private karaoke room. It was all fun and games until Luke got locked out! (Haha! Love ya Brooke!)

5 comments:

The Bentley's said...

so fun!!! vaca's without kids can be such a needed break. and away from the cold. how fun!!!

Melissa said...

Wow...beautiful pictures! Roatan was my favorite island as well. Especially now that I see how much more beautiful it is when it is not pouring down rain. I am so jealous that we did not get to see it when it was so beautiful :(.

Sounds like such a great day!!

ToRi and cReW said...

I know how the whole Coke thing goes.... but its never the same once you leave the country!!!
I have been to Roatan too and loved it!!!

Steph, Tyler, Lyla & Stella said...

Sini! Looks like so much fun! I am literally aching for some warm weather. We're going to Florida next week (our first trip away!) and I can hardly wait. Tell Adam that I love his look...hilarious!

Brooke said...

HaHA! You Forgot to mention though that we had been in that room for 4hours and we listened to the same songs for 3 of them!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...