Thursday, February 18, 2010

the trip

So we got back from our trip a week ago. We went on a cruise to the Western Caribbean- Roatan, Honduras, Belize and Costa Maya, Mexico. It was amazing! We have finally stopped rocking- it took a few days to not feel the waves, but Adam and I have both had dreams about the ocean almost every night since we got back. So funny. For some reason I haven't gotten around to blogging about it. So here are a few teasers:
We ran into these Olympic snowboarders at the Miami airport. They were there for the Super Bowl the next day. I recognized Louie Vito from "Dancing with the Stars" and Adam asked him for a pic for me. He told us these other two were going to be in the Olympics too so I made them get in the picture. (Not sure of her name!) Me, Louie Vito, Greg Bretz. Louie took fifth in the half pipe.

Some other memorable people I met along the way were:
*The girl who sat next to me on the plane who was moving to Florida from Arizona to be a nurse. She knew who Louie Vito was too.
*Damian (and his wife) - Mr. Congeniality on the Norwegian Jewel
*A woman and her husband from Ohio who spent the day at the hospital in Belize to find out he had kidney stones. ;(
*Bob- the older Karaoke singer who would only do Elvis- a little out of tune.
*Dave- the Karaoke singer with talent.
*Kiwi James- man I wanted that guy's autograph.
*Reinaldo- our favorite waiter. We found out he lives on the boat for ten months and then goes home to Argentina for 2 months!! This seems so crazy to me!
*The lady who sat next to me on the plane who had just gotten back from a cruise to Brazil with some friends. We talked about books, our families and travel (she's been everywhere and owns houses in AZ, L.A. and Mexico) and when we were getting off she told me she was 80! I couldn't believe it! I hope I can be so active at 80! I always want to travel!
While on the boat I read, "A Pearl in the Storm" by Tori Murden McClure about the first woman to row across the Atlantic. I loved taking breaks and looking out at the ocean. I can't believe she would attempt it! I never did see any wildlife though. I looked hard too. I thought for sure I would see dolphins or whales... although I think Rich did.
And this was who I got to hang out with everyday (along with 2 other couples.) But Adam's wardrobe stole the show. This was the day we went off by ourselves to see some Mayan ruins and I told Adam, "Since it's just us today, can you wear something normal?" And he said, "I didn't bring any normal clothes."

So more pics coming soon. We had so much fun!!

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

How fun! Jealous of the pictures with the snowboarders. Can't wait to see the other pictures. Nice shorts Adam ;)

lindsey v said...

I'll be your travel buddy when we're 80!

tammy said...

Adam rocks!

Knudson Family said...

1. Louie Vito? Just saw him snowboarding on T.V.!!
2. What a cool picture of the ocean with the sun shining through the clouds.
3. Cool pic of Adam too.
4. Can't wait to see more!!

Tamara with a "T" said...

I LOVE that you asked Adam to wear something "normal"!!! What is Normal? Love you! I'm glad you had fun and I can't wait to see more pics!

sinika said...

Tam- I was thinking something less.... NEON? Hahaha!

Jessica said...

So jealous! I'm glad you got to take a break from the kids. I can't even imagine how that would feel right now. You all look so young and carefree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...