Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day #5- Costa Maya, Mexico

I finally made it to Mexico! (My first time ever.) We decided to wake up early and find a tour to take us to see Mayan ruins while our friends slept in and stayed on the beach. We thought it would be a stormy day- it was so windy and a little chilly at first. But then the sun came out and it was really nice.
I got this picture for my boys- I knew they would love it. I just love my hair- that wind off the ocean gave it some sweet style.

So as we were waiting for our tour to leave- I look over and see Adam like this. This was the day I asked if he could wear something normal, since we were by ourselves- but he didn't bring anything normal- (something a little less, neon, short or ugly- that's all I asked!)
The buildings at the port were so bright- it was fun. We shopped there for a while and then headed on a bus to the ruins.


This temple has three temples inside of it. They built a small one first when there were a few people, and as the population grew, they built 3 more on top of it! The people above us had their two little kids with them and this was their 5 year old's 3rd cruise. I was laughing telling them it was my first!




There was a whole street of stairs- kind of like porches to houses. They would use vegetation as the roof so the top parts are no longer there- but the stairs stayed.
This reminded me of truffala trees from Dr. Seuss' book "The Lorax."



Engraving of a pharoah- everything was so old!
There were four temples scattered around the grounds and one was still buried under dirt- it just looked like a hill with trees and plants on it.



We got some coconut milk and pineapple for the drive back to the port- about an hour drive.
It was interesting driving through the countryside. There were fruit stands all over the side of the road. And I liked seeing their houses and stuff.
We stopped at the beach and ate lunch. The water was so pretty! And the white sand! I wish we would have brought our swim suits out, but we met up with our friends, did a little shopping and headed back to our ship.

See ya Mexico! I wish we had more time here!
So the funny thing about dinner is that I didn't research enough what we were supposed to wear. I thought we could wear shorts if they were nice- but they weren't allowed! So I got to wear my sundresses for dinner every night. Oh well.
Luke and Brooke were so fun. I loved that they were so lovie. I kept asking how long they had been married (4 years) because they act like newlyweds- I love it! They were always up for anything and every time we wondered where they were- they were in the gym working out (Brooke is an aerobics instructor.) They are such a cute couple and match each other perfectly! Thanks for the ab workout guys- I'll never be the same!
Rich and Abby are the couple that looks like they just stepped out of a magazine. I can't wait till they have beautiful little kids!! They were so fun to hang out with. I loved the way they dance and we had fun laughing at everything with them. It was fun going with nice friends.

"Sailing! Take me away..."
That night there was a midnight chocolate buffet. They had so many different chocolatey desserts. I put so many things on my plate! I would take a bite and only if I loved it- I would eat the whole thing. (I liked a lot.)

I love this picture at the chocolate party. This is how everyone was the whole time- laughing and talking. It was so fun going out every night! I am so not used to this since I've been a mom! Such a long (fun) day.

5 comments:

Lindz said...

I have loved reading all about your cruise!! It looks like you guys had a GREAT vacation!! How nice to get away from the kids for a few days!! I love this shirt you are wearing in this post...so cute!! And Adam is so funny....I love that he told you that he had nothing "normal" to wear!! =)

Steph, Tyler, Lyla & Stella said...

I feel like I have just been on your vacation! Thanks for documenting it so well. I could almost forget that it was 6 degrees here the other day! We're off to Florida in a couple of days and I'm especially ready for some warmth after your trip notes. Miss you guys!

Charlotte said...

So funny that you went on your first cruise this year too! It must be the year to do that. Don't you just want to go again - right now!

tammy said...

Your trip looked like so much fun! I loved all of Adam's outfits. It looks like you guys must have been laughing the whole time which to me is the perfect vacation.

Abby said...

You guys got some really cool pics! I am loving Rich's facial expressions! I am kind of sad we didn't go to the ruins with you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...