Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day #4- Belize City, Belize

On the fourth day we went to Belize.
This is us tendering from our ship to shore- about a 10 minute boat ride.
We found a boat to take us out snorkeling so we hopped on, drove back out past our cruise ship and to an island. They dropped us off and said, "Stay here for an hour and then we'll go snorkeling." Pretty funny. It was a tiny island that you could walk around in like 10 minutes. It had a little diner on it- so I'm pretty sure they wanted us to buy drinks and stuff while we waited.
It was kind of swampy but still pretty.
We found a nice little hammock and decided to relax. Who wears big dog still? Adam.


We look so peaceful. You would never know this picture was 2 seconds before the line tied to the tree on my side snapped and you also wouldn't know that this "sandy beach" was really more like cement and I hit soooo hard right on my butt and head. I just laid there thinking what the heck just happened when I look up and Rich is running over to take pictures! Nice.
Crazy roots. Why am I so enthralled by cool trees and plants? I love 'em.
If your dad owned a swim suit like this a few years ago- raise your hand!
Little crabs were everywhere. My boys would have loved it!
We finally made it snorkeling and this is my only shot. The water was so pretty! They drove us out in the middle of the ocean and we started snorkeling around a cool reef. It was pretty shallow in parts- seems so weird that it was in the middle of nowhere! The guys who took us were also joking about sharks. I was a little nervous, but they just laughed.
Adam bought these for a few lucky recipients.
Dancing on the deck later that night.




Little Jacky Paper singing "Puff the Magic Dragon." People ate this song up!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the pictures of you all dancing. It reminded me of dancing with you at all those stomps back in the day.

Amy said...

So much dang fun! Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm dying at Adam's outfits. You're so cute how you talk about them...he looks like a European tourist. It had me laughing pretty hard. So glad you had a great time. Man...we've gotta go on a cruise!

Tagen and Eric said...

The pictures remind me of something I would see in the 70's. Looks like you had a blast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...