Friday, April 30, 2010

Meg's reception in CA- July '09

Last summer, Adam's little sis, Meg got married. Meg's hubby, Tanner is from California so we went to the reception there (and did a little Disneyland of course.) Tanner's parents- the Hams- have this amazing house with an amazing yard and view. Plus Tanner's mom- Gail has this great style- so I took pics of all of her cool ideas too. I should have taken pictures in her house- I love her style!!
Elliott and Ollie overlooking the mountains. Gail had these benches made and she'll use them for other receptions too. They were so comfy.

My family- Ollie- 3, Linc- 3 1/2 months, Elliott- 5 1/2, Adam- 42. (ha!)
The Boys!






Okay- is this the cutest idea? She put all the food (oh the food! artichoke dip! salsa! veggies! meat kabobs!) in this shelf. And added pictures. Who thinks of this stuff? I love it.
The boys yuckin' it up. In the background you can kind of see the garden boxes that were surrounded by copper (I like.)
Rick Johnson- our friend from Utah who lives in CA who also knows the Hams. What are the chances?

Please disregard the khaki pants man- I was trying to show the hot tub and lamps that were in their yard. Lamps? Another love.
She put chandeliers up where she could. And what a novel way to serve the cupcakes, right?
Fruit and "H" cupcakes that all had hidden surprises in the middles. Gail also made the food for this party.... with a little help from the neighbors- but still! Superwoman I say.
There were pink candles on every table and bottles of soda from Trader Joe's, ice and water in cool containers.

The plates, silverware and napkins. I love the presentation.
Adam with his cousin Rick Puffer who lives in CA.
The back of Meg's dress- sooo gorgeous.

Rick, Steve (in black), Karen and Adam.
These guys stared out at the lights all night. They would love to live there!
Me and my sweetie. (And sleeping babe.)




Tanner and Megs- beautiful couple, no?
Ollie and the cupcakes. He loves the frosting!
Karen, Gail and Joe winding down. Such a beautiful night! I'm glad we could go!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful wedding with lots of creative ideas. I love the pics of your cute boys especially the one of Ollie and his cupcake. The look on his face says, "What can I say?" So cute!

Melissa said...

Wow... those are such awesome ideas. She is very creative. It looks like a beautiful reception. I love the picture of your family. You all look so good!

The Kohler Family said...

Looks so cute! OK...so did your boys not spill any of that pink juice on their white shirts?? My kids would have had it down the front of them in 2 seconds!! I'm so jealous! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...