Monday, June 2, 2008

Can I see your ID?

We went to the Orem library this morning and we rode the elevator upstairs with a nice woman who told me about the summer reading program for kids. So while Adam was checking out our books (and his music) and the boys were playing monkey bars on the rails next to the windows, I went over to the children's section to ask about it. The older woman behind the counter started telling me about it. Then she asked me, "just for one child?" I said yes because I didn't think 2 year olds could be a part of it. Then she asked me, "Are you baby-sitting this summer?" I told her that I have two kids.... of my very own. She looked shocked and told me, "You look like a kid yourself!" I told her I was 29, but that I would take that as an awesome compliment.  I think she felt kind of bad and embarrassed, but I really DID take it as a compliment. Should I have been embarrassed or something? Because I wasn't. :)

6 comments:

rachel said...

Seriously... you look like a teenager! Definitely a compliment, imagine how great that will be when you are 40!

Nielson said...

For sure a compliment! I remember one time, a couple of years ago, a salesman came to the door and asked me if my mom was home. I said no and shut the door. :)

The Kohler Family said...

haha...You do look like a teenager..I'm jealous! I would definatly take that as a compliment, your beautiful!

tammy said...

She's right! You haven't aged a day since high school.

lindsey v said...

It's just cause you're so cute and stylish and moms like me really look like moms because we have bad hair and outdated clothes.

Ty and Mari said...

I love it! Funny funny! I get the opposite! At my sister's wedding people kept asking me "what number of child is this" That made me feel really old! You do look good! Always do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...