Friday, April 10, 2009

Little Big Boy

It's funny how the second we brought the baby home, Oliver grew up into this giant kid. He is just so big now- doing lots of things on his own and kicking the nap habit (sad for me!) He still needs a nap everyday but only takes one about once a week and I love when he does. 
He's just so long now. I guess that's the Swalberg genes coming through. He's losing his chubbiness- everywhere except for his cheeks! We even had to tighten his belt on his jeans the other day!
Here are some funny things Mister Oliver has said lately: (Some might be repeats from before, but I can't remember where I got to in my little quote book that I keep for each of my boys.)
*After every prayer that he actually folds his arms and closes his eyes, " See how pregnant I was being?" (reverent)
*Looking really close at my face one day, "Mommy- you look so sparkly today."
*While eating cotton candy, "Is this hair?"
*"What is this fer? Hey- fur- that's what Suki (our cat) has!"
*"Holy gutterball!" (We weren't bowling at the time and I've never heard anyone say it before...)
*Me- "What movie should we rent?" Ollie- "Not Darth Vader."
*On his way out to play he turned around and looked at me and said, "Mommy- I like you. And I like your feet, and your polish and your pretty shirt." And then continued out the door.
* Ollie always has to announce the prayer every time we say one like this: "I know what we forgot to say... the PRAYER!" (And he gets mad if you say the prayer, or talk about it before he's had a chance to announce.) And if you forget to say something about Ollie in our night prayers, we have to say it over.
*Me- "What do you see out the window?" Ollie- "There aren't skunks."
*Calls Lucky Charms "Chucky Charms" or "Sucky Charms."
*Me from the other room, "What are you doing Ollie?" O- "Not trying on Daddy's glasses!"
*Asked me at church when I was talking to some of the young women, "Are you going to play with your friends?"
*"Are you a cat Mom?"
*Are you Mom, Mommy?"
*Daddy likes to fix, and go to work and build our clubhouse."
*"Suki is wrestling with herself!"
*"After sitting for two hours at stake conference, "Is it really, actually over?"
*"Do snakes have bums?"
*From the tub- "Mommy! There are hairs in the tub! They're going to get me!!"
*"Elliott's building a mess Mama!"

He's such a little tease too. This is what happens when I try to take a picture these days...



Love my little big boy.

11 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

They grow up too fast, that's what I've decided.

lindsey v said...

Oh, Sini! Those are so cute! I was laughing to tears! He is a funny, cute kiddie.

Breezy said...

tooooo cute! He looks so much like you :) Those things he has said gave me a good laugh!

Jessica said...

Hahaha! He is a crack up! The pictures are hilarious too!

Amy said...

What a silly boy! He is absolutely adorable!!! That is so fun that you keep a book with all of their funny things they say in it.

Melissa said...

He is so cute!! What funny comments. I really need to pay better attention to the funny things my kids say.

Lindz said...

I remember Ayden doing the same thing when Zoe was born...he "grew up" overnight!! Ollie is your little twinner....and he says the cutest things!! What a good idea to write them all down in a journal!!

Jamie said...

He is so cute, and I too would like to know if snakes have bums?? I love that last picture!

walkerbunch said...

What a cutie! I love all of the quotes.

Mom Swalz said...

I wish I would have kept a book like that for my kids! I always thought I would remember all the funny things they said ... but do I?? Love this big boy!

Rena said...

Super funny! made me laugh histerically! I would crack up all day long if Ollie was in our house.
Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...