Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Running for the view

I threw open my curtains on my sliding glass door a few mornings ago and this is what I saw: 

I gasped and snapped pictures until it was gone. No one was up yet to share it with. I used to see these every morning when I was running or just getting back from a run, but since I haven't gone in a few months, I haven't seen them. It's almost worth it to go running for the view and some fresh air (amongst other benefits.) I can finally start going again next week (because of the 6 week "no strenuous exercise" rule after pregnancy) and I'm pretty excited. I get so ancy when I can't go. I even get jealous when I see the neighbors out on their runs or hear about my sister and friends going. Weird I know. But I have been running since I was 14- longer than I haven't been. It's just a part of my life now. And yes I still call it running even though I'm pretty slow at it. And even though I've been reminded over and over that there are better things to do for your body and to burn calories. I love it. 

(If anyone wants to start up a SUPER slow running group in the mornings (as my last group had to disband due to moves and work schedules) let me know!

13 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I would come and run slow with you since I am probably slower, but I live too far away. That would be a huge commute. : ) Good luck finding someone to run with and I think it is a really good way to burn calories, so you've got my vote for best way to exercise.

Breezy said...

Hey! Me and Emily S. go at 5 am every morning! :) :) I do not know what is "slow" for you...we do 9 to 10 minute miles

Christine Rowley said...

You get to see a lot of awesome things running. Cool pics!
When I am pregnant and the first few weeks postpartum, I miss running so much I dream about it.

Nielson said...

How I wish we could run together!!!

Elena said...

Incredible pictures. No wonder you look so great with all that running. Good for you. And I bet you were the cutest Wal Mart employee ever and people came just because you were there.

Elisabeth said...

Beautiful sunrise pictures. Don't you love the hope that a new day brings...

I have been craving running...Dale leaves so early for work though, I wish I could get it done in the mornings.

I do plan on hiking to the top of Timpanogos this summer...yikes I'm declaring my goal, I better start training.

Wendy Wells said...

I need a new running partner. I'll meet you between Herriman and you! Deal? :)

rachel said...

I wish I could still run with you... stupid work. As I was leaving this morning at 6:30 I was remembering all our runs and how I wished that I was just meeting you for a run instead of heading to work.

Melissa said...

Those are incredible pictures!! Maybe I need to try waking up that early. I would love to witness that first hand. You should send those pictures into one of the news stations so they can show them on the news. They really are awesome pictures. You are so good about running. I wish I liked to run....I just don't. I hope you find someone to run with!!

lindsey v said...

You know I'll be there. 7:30. Hehe. Whenever.

Jessica said...

You always notice the sky. I need to pay more attention to it. Wish we could be running buddies.

Naoma said...

Miss it so much!! Wish I still lived closer. =( I totally miss those beautiful sunrises!

tammy said...

Running is the best! I love it but it is still a battle for me to get motivated and get going so I even feel more accomplished. It is so therapeutic I enjoy it above any exercise. I am training for a marathon, a 26 mile battle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...