Saturday, September 11, 2010

snake party

Elliott wanted a Ben 10 party, but guess what- no Ben 10 party stuff anywhere. So we made his invites with stickers. And then we used some more stickers on the treats and water bottles. But that was as Ben 10 as it got. Because this year, we ordered a person to come from Scales and Tales...
He showed the kids things like tarantulas (I got a shiver just looking at this picture!)
And fat lizards with tiny legs named Sausage. (He let Elliott be his helper since he was the birthday boy.)
Mean lizards that he had to trick with a double hand wave before he could bring him out so he wouldn't get bitten.
Turtles that needed a paper towel diaper at all times so the holder wouldn't get nervously peed upon.
Long red snakes...
...that climbed up E's shoulder and hat...
....and that he tied in a not, and the snake got out of.
A baby alligator. (This guy had a scar on his hand from being bitten by one once!)

Giant snakes!!!
And then he had the kids get ready to hold something big. Here they are showing their muscles.
And he brought out this GIANT boa!!! The kids were in 7 year old heaven!! They were so excited that they got to touch this one. But then Jeremy the presenter brought out all the safe reptiles for the kids to hold!! Wow Wee! Double heaven!
Elli
Ollie holding Sausage.
Elliott and Noah- best buddies.

All the kids loved this sand snake- it just sat there and wasn't as scaly and slithery.

Linc could have cared less the whole time, but we got him to touch the snake for a second.

The snake wrap.


This snake was 12 feet long and weighed 120 lbs. It was really cool and so nice.
As soon as he took this tarantula back, I did the creepy shiver dance. It looked like it was ready to pounce on me! (No kids got to hold this.)





Present time!

In the 2nd group pic- is that a pile of grass in Ollie's hair?

In the 3rd pic, is Benny doing some sort of dance? The celtic elf dance?



Elliott decided to have donuts instead of cake. Which worked out well since our oven wasn't quite baking at the time.


It was a great party- better than we expected and one that we will never forget- that's for sure!



I just had to take a million pictures this day! So please enjoy some more in this photo collage.

























Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

walkerbunch said...

What a fun party. I might have to get their number from you. My boys would love a party like that.

The Kohler Family said...

Just looking at you holding that spider makes me want to do the creepy shiver dance!!! I can handle snakes, but no thanks to the spiders!! That looks like the most awesome party ever!

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

Reptiles and Chocolate donuts should always be the standard for a party. I love it! And I'm so going to copy you in two years.

Mom Swalz said...

That is the happiest bunch of kids I've seen in awhile- especially the BIG BIRTHDAY BOY!!! What a great idea Sini! I can't believe Elliott is 7 already!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Elliott! Wow... you are an awesome Mom. Not only do you throw the most amazing party ever, you also hold all those horrifying creatures. I would never have touched any of them. It looks like all the kids had the time of their lives!

Nielson said...

I am with Melissa :) Looks like so much fun though! I'm sure they'll all be talking about that for a while! You are such a fun mom :)

Ty and Mari said...

pretty sure you are the coolest mom for doing that! Good thing you have all boys, because you can stomach that kind of stuff... I try not to encourage that at my house! ha ha!

lindsey v said...

I love the first picture. All those huge smiles on the kids! And I love the grass on Ollies head and the Benny jig. Haha! Seriously those kids were in heaven. Reptile heaven.

Burrell said...

I cannot believe you held that spider. I have been itching my feet since I first saw that photo! You one crazy girl. And your boys are adorable. No way around that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...