Thursday, September 2, 2010

just for the smell of it

(Oliver's party cupcakes from a few months ago.)

I love smells! As long as they're good. Today I walked into a cupcake store- the sweet tooth fairy- and it smelled so delicious! I wanted to eat the air, but everyone in there was kind of sophisticated, so I didn't. I would work there just for the smell. My paycheck could say, "20 hours equals 1,000 free (deep) inhales. Mmmmmm.

At the flooring store I worked at (and Adam still does) we always smelled like new carpet- which isn't that great. It's new smelling- I'll give it that. But I'd rather nuzzle into someone's neck who smells like cupcakes and frosting than nylon and polyester carpet.

Another place I would love to smell, I mean work at, is a floral store. Have you ever been in one? It's like roses mixed with every other yummy smelling flower. Oh so divine!

And another place I find myself lingering is those toasted nut places. They have one at my movie theater now and we always fall for the smells and buy something. I don't even love the nuts- they are good, but sometimes just not worth the calories to me. But I swear they pump those smells out into the air and that is their best advertising. YUM.

If I could find some home scents that smelled like these- I would jump for joy and maybe even invite people over once in a while. And I wouldn't be surprised to see people lingering outside my house afterwards, waiting for just a whiff.

(DEEP nostril flaring INHALE.)

5 comments:

Elena said...

I think you'd be the kind of person I'd love to hang out with.:)

Melissa said...

Sinika, you are the best!! What an awesome descriptive post. One of the things I love most about you is you appreciate everything so much. You take the time to really enjoy life! Thank you so much for being such a great friend, and thanks so much for the cupcakes :).

Nielson said...

Ahhh! Sweet Tooth Fairy--you better call me next time you're there :) Another smell I love? Rain and dryer sheets. Love them!

Esther said...

Blog-o'-Cheese's real-life sister here. Just clicked on your blog at random from his comments. Don't worry. I'm totally normal! I just wanted to say that my SIL (on my husband's side) just got a job working at the Sweet Tooth Fairy as a baker/decorator. Total random comment from a random person, but I just thought, what a small world!

Lynette said...

I'm with you Sinika! I'd totally be all over hanging out in a floral shop all day. Sometimes I just stop in grocery stores to smell their floral arrangments. I'm sure I get a few weird looks but it's so worth it. :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...