Sunday, December 7, 2008

Captain Underpants Times Two

I don't know what it is but my boys have both been so hilarious lately. I seriously laugh all day! 

We have been reading a scripture about Jesus everyday and today's was about when he was a boy and he started working with Joseph. I told them he was a carpenter and showed them the picture of the two working together in a wood shop. After I asked Elliott to tell me about it and he said, "Jesus worked with his dad, Joseph when he was a boy, like maybe 10 or 20- I'm not sure." I asked him what Joseph did for his job and he said, "He did carpet." It was funny  because that's what I would think a carpenter did if I was five, but also because of Adam's job. I remember thinking all Dads did the same job as my Dad when I was little...
Then this morning we ran out of time to give baths before church, so I just told Elliott to change his underwear because he had streakers. (Do I need to explain this, or are they common in every house with kids?) So that was this morning and tonight we were at Adam's parents and Elliott went to the bathroom and was in there forever. So I told Adam to check on him and he came out with a pair of underwear and said Elliott changed them in the bathroom- we were all confused. Elliott came out and told us this morning he forgot to take off the streakers, and had just put the clean ones over the top of them!!! So funny! He didn't even realize until hours later!! Crazy boy.

4 comments:

Naoma said...

Your boys are pretty Hilarious! I love all your funny stories about them, Love the double underpants! I miss seeing you running, oh well guess I will have to wait till bookgroup... sigh...

The Kohler Family said...

That is so funny. Thanks for the laugh out loud moment!

rachel said...

Totally made me laugh out loud! So funny about the streakers... maybe it's a boy thing. Just make them take showers at night, that is what my sis-in-law taught me.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

nice nice! Gotta love the streakers! He's so funny and so cute! I'm the luckiest aunt ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...