Sunday, December 21, 2008

I left my heart in San Francisco...

Last week Adam and I went to San Francisco to visit my brother, Eric and his wife, Tagen one last time before they move  back to Utah. It was Erkki's graduation from Chiropractic school on Saturday, so we went on Wednesday to do a little sight seeing. The last two years we took our boys with us, but this year we left them to play at Grammy and Grandpa's house. We had lots of fun visiting!
Tagen and Eric at his school, Life Chiropractic College West. He spent the last 3 plus years studying here to get his Doctorate of Chiropractic!
Adam's favorite part of the whole trip was all of the stocked music stores. Let's just say he did all of his own Christmas shopping this year. Nothing compares to Amoeba and Rasputin according to him...
A night in Berkeley.
Eating at 'Crepes a Go Go'- another yearly favorite for us. Yummy- I want one right now!!
So we learned this from our friends' blog, Jesse and Lindy. We decided to spice up some of our dull pics with the blowfish face. Adam had so many good ones. My non-lips could only do so much...
Me and Tags with our full H&M bags after a long day of shopping in downtown San Francisco. We are due a day apart and she doesn't even have a belly yet!! 
It was Erkki's 33 birthday while we were there, so we went to his favorite restaurant which happened to be a german one. It was SO good! I think I'm going to have to find one in Utah. Love their blowfish faces- seriously- if you haven't tried this yet- you need to! I want to see it on everybody's blogs with their millions of Christmas pics...Go ahead, try it!
Christmas in San Fran.
This is tumbled glass from my favorite store in Half Moon Bay. They have this outside section where all the paths are covered in glass. It is so beautiful!! I wish I could have a place in my yard to have paths like this.

You can buy the glass by the pound too. Adam posed in this picture for me. 
Erkki's graduation day! My Mom, Erkki, Linds and Me.
Erkki and Tagen
Bridger, Jamie- Tagen's sister, Mary Jo- Tagen's mom, Tagen, Eric, Sini, Adam, Linds and Leena.
Sisters in San Fran.
On the plane.

At the Salt Lake airport there were Christmas trees made of poinsettias- they looked pretty cool.
We were so excited to see the boysies after 5 days! Grammy and Grandpa sent them home with this awesome gingerbread house from their neighbors. Even the windows light up! They have to work for the candy because the frosting is so hard. :)

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! I love Christmas in San Francisco. We just got an H&M 3 minutes from my house. Edmond's whole wardrobe is from there. I know you're jealous.

Lindz said...

What a fun trip!! At least you got to get out of the snow for a little bit even though it did look cold there! Anyway Sinika, you look so great...your belly is tiny!

Nielson said...

What a fun trip! I love it--(and I love H&M--we need one here) and Congrats to your brother, that's pretty exciting!

Emily Fotheringham said...

I guess I'm out of the loop...I don't know what H&M is. Congrats to your brother and his wife--that is a big accomplishment. I'm sure your happy to have them moving back.

Tamara with a "T" said...

Looks like a fun trip! Isn't it so much fun? I bet it was a blast hanging out with your family for a week! Congrats to Eric!

Christine Rowley said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I'll have to add that tumbled glass place to my list of places to go.

rachel said...

I want a glass path at my house... don't worry Emily, I don't know what that store is either. Looks like tons of fun, I want to go away from this snow!

The Bentley's said...

how fun!! we went to san fran on our honey moon... we love love that city. how fun for you guys!! glad you left the boys at home!!

Curt said...

Hey Swalz and family. Merry Christmas to you all from me and mine. I like your bearded bandit look. If you're ever traveling through Oklahoma stop in and I'll make you some hot cakes and bacon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...