Friday, October 9, 2009

'09 Harvest

This year we had a small number of pumpkins, but we grew one giant one- so it was a trade in I guess. These are from the same seeds and of course Elliott called the bigger one early in the summer. He took care of it all summer long. He would pour water on it- even though the root was five feet away, he put a special sticker on it so everyone would know it was his, and every time he found a praying mantis (we had tons this year) or a spider, he would put them on the pumpkin to protect it. Not to mention checking on it a few times every day ("I think it's getting bigger Mommy!")
We waited until the last few days of September this year. We can never quite make it to October...
Oliver and his pumpkin. We also grew 3 little white ones and two tiny gourds.
We also couldn't quite wait until October to decorate the house. We were all so excited- I tried to capture the boys in their happiness:




I just remember as a kid taking out the same decorations every year. It was the best and I can tell the boys feel the same. And I know they won't always be this excited so it's fun.

Happy Halloween season!

7 comments:

Christine said...

That's cute that he was protective of his pumpkin! Looks like a good-sized pumpkin.

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

That is a huge pumpkin! Good job Elliot. : )

Nielson said...

Love the sticker! And I love halloween and all of it's pumpkins and decorations too--such a fun time of year!

tammy said...

That looks like so much fun! I love October too. I have just started decorating but I am excited for my kids to enjoy it with me. I love the pumpkins. That big pumpkin is full of love.

Steph, Tyler, Lyla & Stella said...

Hi Sini!
I love, love, love all of your decorations! I have a confession to make...we have no Halloween decorations - a tragedy! Tyler and I just have never gotten any, but I see that we really need to get some so Lyla can enjoy the season like your boys are!
Happy Halloween!

Kenzy said...

What an awesome pumpkin. You have some great Halloween decorations. You're such a cute mom to let them help out.

Emily Fotheringham said...

I'm sure they will always be this excited--maybe it will just be secretly excited.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...