Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday






So this is a Wednesday? I'm usually running around trying to get everything ready for the Young Women activity. Calling girls. Talking to the other leaders. Planning dinner so it can be done and we can eat before I take off. But not today. (Oh- don't worry- the scurrying will come tomorrow- planning rides for 60 kids since it's with the boys too- up to S.L. to work in the Humanitarian Aid Center.... having a 4 hour activity instead of an hour or two.... and missing my book club :( but that's tomorrow.... ) Today I'm trying to relax with the boys. Elliott has a friend over. Ollie is trying to tag along. And baby Lincoln isn't feeling so great and wants to be held all day. He is so calm in my arms- not the little jumping bean he usually is. But I'm glad I can hold him and not worry about having everything ready for tonight. Wednesday nights off have been very few- usually around Christmas or other holidays. It feels like I want to celebrate- go to dinner or something. But at the same time I want to stay home. It'll be weird to have the night off permanently some day- it's been a while. I was thinking back and Ollie had just turned one- and now he's almost 4!

We talked about this for family home evening the other night. Ollie picked the lesson about the "Widow's Mite" (those golden coins that go with the lesson are so tempting!) We have had this same lesson before- lots of times. But this time we talked about how she was sacrificing for her church. We talked to the boys that we sacrifice with our time too- like in YW and Scouts (Adam's been cub master FOREVER!) I'm not sure they understand completely yet. But it's such a part of their lives. Every time we go to Costco they ask if this receipt is ours or for the bishop. So many times I will have treats ready for the girls and the boys want some. I always say if there's any extra they can have some. And there never is. They've gone on so many walks with me to visit the girls for their birthdays or whatever. So really our whole family is sacrificing. And the other leaders have sacrificed so much more.

But the girls in our ward! I could go on and on about them! They are so sweet and humble and good! I just can't believe they are teenagers sometimes. And the sacrifice is worth it. But I'll take this Wednesday as my own.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You're awesome, Sini.

I just got released from my Beehive Advisor calling on Sunday. Since B's bishopric meetings are on Wednesday's they thought it was too much to ask to have both of us out of the home each Wed night. My new calling is building schedule coordinator. Pretty easy, eh? But now I'm scared because I'll be going to Relief Society every Sunday...something I've never really done since I've always had teaching callings that hour. Anyway, I'm hoping your next calling is nice and easy. You deserve it. I'm sending you "easy calling" vibes.

Nielson said...

You are the best! I know those girls love you so much--and your family is so great to support you. What a busy busy calling! But, I'll miss you tonight! :(

Ty and Mari said...

I totally agree! It was nice to have a Wednesday off, but knowing that Thursday was going to be longer... wish I could have kept the Wednesday night. But the girls are amazing and I really do think they are more mature than we are sometimes! Or maybe just more on the straight and narrow than I was when I was their age! Glad they know me now!

You are a GREAT President. i don't know anyone that could do a better job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...