Wednesday, October 21, 2009

flowers and sunsets

Today was one of those crazy busy days. I liked it. Amidst other things (lunch and grocery shopping with my sis, a visit from my parents and watching my friends kids for a bit) this is a recap:
These guys were man-handling Adam's glasses all day. (This would NOT happen if he were home....)


This guy wouldn't eat. What? But that's what you do little Linc.... He went from 6:50 AM until 5:00 PM with no milk. He also slept in until 10 and then took a nap from 1:30 until 5:00. Schedule? What schedule?
I decided to jump at the chance to have my carpet cleaned since Melissa across the street was doing it today too. This is a before picture. I wonder where the coffee table goes? Disgusting!

The sky tonight was AMAZING!


And my kitchen was filled with flowers and girls. My friend Heather taught us how to arrange flowers and we decided to make it fall-ish by putting them in pumpkins. I loooove these cinderella pumpkins. Their color is deep orange red. I found them at a little booth on the side of the road in Lehi. They gave me a sweet deal since I was buying 15. And yes- the couches were in the dining room which made for a squishy time. Who schedules carpet cleaning on the same day they're having young womens at their house? Me. Woops.
Heather and I with our creations. She collected all of these flowers from her yard and other places that were just going to be ripped out soon anyway. Thanks Heather- you're amazing!

3 comments:

Nielson said...

First of all, I love cinderella pumpkins--but haven't been able to find any! I LOVE those!!! You guys did a great job--I bet the girls (and their mothers...)have enjoyed those flowers!

Melissa said...

Wow...that does sound like a crazy day! Yes, you are crazy getting your carpets cleaned the same day as young womens. Leave it to you to get so much done in one day. You are amazing!! By the way, thanks for telling me about your carpet guys. My carpets look awesome, and I thought there was no hope for them!

Those pictures of the sunset are amazing!! I wish I would have payed attention to such an amazing sight.

Elisabeth said...

Whew! crazy busy. Love the flowers with the pumpkins. What a fun activity. Cute kids and glasses! So does Lincoln eat all night then? Ethan seems to be pretty busy during the day so I have to go to the quiet dark bedroom to get him to eat. Fun. Actually its nice to lay down with him for a few minutes...and I think I admired the same sunset, but we have so many, so maybe not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...