Monday, May 3, 2010

the accidental creekbed- July '09

We were running late to a play group last summer because of a doctor's appointment. It was in AF Canyon, but I didn't have the exact directions, so we drove around for a bit and when we couldn't find anyone we knew, we stopped and ate our lunch by the river. I was nervous to hold the baby and watch two big boys playing by the river by myself, so I talked the boys into stopping at a smaller stream just outside the canyon in Highland. I had seen some kids playing out there on our way up. It was a hot July day and the river was so cold- it felt good to put our feet in. We slathered on the sunblock and played for a while. The boys loved this place. I hope we make it again this year!







I think this picture is so funny because I have a Kneader's mint brownie piece stuck on my face from lunch. (I LOVE those things.)
Linc even got his toes wet for a second.


Love my summer play group- can't wait for it to start again in 4 weeks!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey, a summer play group! Love that concept. Maybe I'll start one of my own...

lindsey v said...

I still feel sooo bad that we couldn't get a hold of you. :( But I'm glad you found a fun spot.

Melissa said...

That sounds like the perfect place for little guys. It looks like your boys had a great time. I laughed so hard on the picture where you describe the brownie on your face :). That is too funny!

Cheeseboy said...

Oh, are you Lindsey's friend? Must be.

Thanks for the comment on the Blog O' Cheese. Feel free to do it anytime.

You have a great looking family. We love the name Lincoln too - it's my first son's name. We liked it, but it also fit because my name is Abe.

Thanks again for commenting. Lindsey comments occasionally. She should more because she has a hilarious blog too.

Ty and Mari said...

I am looking forward to summer group! I am planning on coming lots this year! I love the flash backs of things you haven't posted! It makes your kids look so grown up now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...