Saturday, March 29, 2008

1 week down....



Last week we got rid of Ollie's binky. For those of us who have "binky babies" it's a huge deal. We used the same tactic that we did with Elliott's, since it seemed to work so well. Ollie loves the garbage man, so we talked about it a lot and decided to give all the "bas" to him when he came. It's been easier than I thought in some ways, and harder in others. He goes to sleep pretty good still, but if he wakes up in the night, he's inconsolable. He also takes shorter naps, and when he does wake up (in the morning too) he seems kind of mad. He used to just lay there and relax for a while and was so happy when I went to get him. Oh well- I know he'll be fine and learn other coping methods. A few months ago he started to talk so much, but he always wanted his binky- so he was talking through it- which is my main reason for getting rid of it. I think he's much cuter without it, but he doesn't seem as babyish now....;( This is life! Now I want to hear some of your ways for getting rid of the binky!

8 comments:

Lindz said...

You give me hope Sinika!! =) Ayden loves the garbage man also, so maybe we will try that! It's so hard...I wish we would've just gotten rid of it months ago! I may call you crying when it doesn't work...so be ready to give me advice! =)

MiStY said...

Sini, I hear you on the talking through the plug thing. It's so much funner to hear them talk when they don't have the plug in their mouths. I'll have to say, my kids don't love the binki. Rylan spit it out around 6 months and McKinley hasn't liked wanted it much at all. I would like to know if you have Ollie potty trained though and what your secret is to teaching your boys.
Good Luck with the binki thing, it'll be history before you know it (hopefully :o)

Nielson said...

Well, niether of my kids have ever wanted anything to do with a binky-so I had to learn coping techniques a long time ago (much to my dismay...)-but I would say just be consistent, that always seems to work... :)

Kent and Julie said...

Hi Sinika, So i did start a blog - check it out at www.kentandjulie.blogspot.com - I have no idea what i am doing - so don't expect great things!!! But it will be fun. See ya ! Julie

The Kohler Family said...

Any advice for thumbsucking?

The Bentley's said...

good for you!! i dread the binky take away days:( we cut off the nipple for dirk.... and he just carried it around by the handle for a few days.... and then when coby was born he would ALWAYS be caught behind a door, or under the table getting his "fix" oh well.... now we have to get rid of coby's he only gets it at bed but it's so helpful? oh, and cute pics of elliott on the bike! that is too fun!

Telisse and Kade said...

Garbage man! Great idea! I dont remember how I helped Kade dispose of his. I just asked him and he claims he didnt have a binki?? They are for babies. Too funny! Good luck sini and your right, well worth it especially if its interfering with talking.

lindsey v said...

I think I've just done the cut off the tip way and said "Uh-oh, it's broken, we'll have to throw it away." They try it for a while and it's no fun to suck on it after that. But it's never easy. That's why I didn't get rid of them for a long time. I think bedtime and church are the times I would miss them the most.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...