Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A day in the life

I got this idea from my sisters blog- I thought it was fun to have a glimpse into one of her days...so here is a glimpse into my day today:

6:44 AM- Finally heard my alarm after it had been going off for 9 minutes and jumped out of bed. (Don't you hate when you don't hear it for a while?) Went to meet my running partners, but they were already gone. Ran around the neighborhood trying to see if I could find them. Gave up and still got a good workout and some rare quiet thoughts.

7:25- Came home and the boys were ready to be up. Turned on cartoons for them while I took a shower. (Adam was still sleeping- lucky guy!)

8:00-Breakfast. Elliott had crispix, Ollie had cheerios and I had Basic 4. Adam comes downstairs. Adam leaves for an early meeting.
8:30-Bath time for the boys while I get ready.
9:00- Get the boys dressed and their shoes and coats on.
9:15- A few minutes of playtime outside. (Freezing when you're not running!!)
9:30- Dropped Elliott off at preschool. Drove down to Orem to pick up flooring samples for my parents from Adam at Mr. Carpet. Went to Modbe to exchange my swimsuit. Stopped by Old Navy to get Elliott a new swimsuit. (He's still wearing his size 3 swimsuit which fits his waist but is getting a little short!) Yes we are going swimming this weekend! Dropped off last night's movie rental at Redbox.
12:00- Came back in time to pick up Elliott from preschool. He made a kaleidescope (sp?) and worked on the letter "K".
12:15- Lunchtime. Grilled cheese and tomato soup.
1:00- Ollie's naptime. Elliott wanted to watch his new favorite movie, "Dinosaur." Email and Blog time for me!
2:00- Game time with Elliott. We played indoor frisbee, soccer with a balloon and Candyland.
3:30- Worked on things for our Young Women Activity tonight and got everything ready to go.
4:00- Ollie wakes up and we go outside to play- it looks so sunny! (It's still freezing and we only last about 15 minutes!)
4:15- Came inside for hot chocolate.
4:30- My parents came by to visit. They are redoing the flooring in their basement....after 30 years!! Picked up samples and brought a bday gift for Ollie.
5:00- Dinner is delivered. Lindsay N's famous chicken pot pie! I put it in the oven to cook. My parents leave.
6:00- Adam comes home and we eat dinner. Yea- Something the boys will both eat!
6:30- Clean up dinner while Adam tries out a new guitar pedal that came in the mail today.
6:45- Leave to set up at the church.
7:00- YW Activity. Fun girls! We did a baby picture activity, so we had to guess which baby was which girl and leader now.
8:30- Came home. Adam has both boys in bed. Elliott wanted me to lay my head on his pillow for a minute. Ollie heard me home and kept calling for me, so I went to sit in his room for a bit. (A supernanny technique!)
9:00- Both boys asleep- freetime! Adam's friend Jason comes over and they jam in the basement. I watch my tivoed Supernanny and Good Things Utah, and the news sometime in there. I just love to veg after a busy day!
11:15- Blog time!
It's 12:00 and I'm going to bed! When people ask the question, "Are you a morning person or a night person?" I can never decide! I love waking up to work out and get going, but I love getting things done (or vegging) at night with the boys asleep! I need to find a happy medium because the running girls are the ones who have to hear it! :)
12:45- Finally went to bed after finishing up and doing last minute things.

There's a glimpse into my exciting life. Some days I feel like there isn't enough time to get everything done, and some days I feel like I'll go crazy with boredom! But the boys keep it interesting and I'm glad I get to hang out with them all day!

6 comments:

lindsey v said...

That's how I feel some days too. Either crazy busy or soooo bored.

The Kohler Family said...

Hey Sinika, I was just peeking at your blog. Its so cute! Its crazy how when we write everything down it seems so hectic..although mine would just consist of alot of sitting, haha.

Nielson said...

You are such a great mom! You guys stay busy--I might have to try the "day in the life" sometime. I am a morning and night person too. I could stay up all night just crafting or surfing--but i like to wake up early to get going in the morning. :)

Telisse and Kade said...

Your a goer! I love busy days. As hectic as they might be it seems like they run smoother. That is fun to see what goes on in a day of someone else. Your a night owl..... and an early bird, you always have been like that.

Peckham's said...

I really think it's great that you get to spend some quality time with Elliott while Olli is sleeping. That is always a good thing. Busy mommy!! Hope Olli had a good birthday! I was wondering if you were going to invite the family over to do something?? I guess you decided not to.. ?

Jessica said...

I love your blog, you have done an awesome job. If I were to record a day in my life it would be like "Got up, nursed the baby, went back to sleep. Got up, nursed the baby, peed, went back to sleep."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...