Monday, March 10, 2008

Misty

Last week my friend Misty Purdy Scivally passed away and I was able to go to her funeral on Saturday. I met her in 1994 when we were freshmen, while running cross country for BHS. She was such a great girl, and had a huge influence on me! She was so happy, nice to everyone, fun, spontaneous and funny. She was always doing funny things- if she came up with an idea, she would do it! I remember her making pillows in high school, just because she wanted to. She would make her dance dresses sometimes and was always working on cool art projects. She and some friends biked to Idaho one Saturday, just to do it. When we were running on the CC team, she and my friend Joy, came up with the S.P.O.L. club. (Simple Pleasures of Life) She would find cool flowers or rocks or even pretty clouds just to brighten her day a little. My husband and kids know all about SPOL because ever since then, I have tried to appreciate the little things in nature and find joy in them. Every time I do, Adam tells me I'm a SPOL girl. I looked through all my picture albums and have so many pics with her in them! She's always the one doing "the pose" or looking at the camera when nobody else is, or doing some crazy, funny face. She was so full of life! Misty leaves behind her husband, Shawn, three beautiful little girls and lots of friends and family. I'll miss Misty with all of my heart and know that I'll see her again someday. The world is a little less bright without her- but I'm so glad I got a piece of her light while she was here! I truly believe I am a better person because I knew her.

Christine, Sinika, Lindsey and Misty at running camp- summer of '96.

6 comments:

Telisse and Kade said...

Sinik....... I have cried enough. So Misty! She will be missed by many. I have done the same thing. Looked through my old running scrapbook and pictures. Like I said before I think Im still in shock.

Nielson said...

I enjoyed reading your entry--that was really sweet. Thanks for sharing a little more about Misty :)

The Bentley's said...

that was really nice sinka thanks!

Jessica said...

Sinik, sorry to hear about Misty. She was such a sweet girl. This picture of her is so fitting.

Emily said...

Hey Sinika -- It's Emily (Richardson)Earl. I have been talking with Shay and getting caught up on all of the happenings. I came across your blog. It is so fun to see friends from the past! I loved your tribute to Misty! She will always have a special place in my heart. One of my favorite things was when we would make necklaces for eachother. We made them out of anything! My favorite was a broken toy army leg and a mini sample spoon from Baskin Robins! She could always make me laugh!

Cunningham Clan said...

Sinika- This is Emily, Misty's sister. I enjoyed reading your post about her. Misty always talked about you and Telise and Lindsey Bullock. She really loved you all so much! Thanks for sharing some of your memories about her. She was a crazy girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...