Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Birthday Bliss

This is Elliott's birthday countdown. He started asking months ago, so we finally made this so he could cross a day off, and then count how many days were left. He was so diligent in keeping it up. It was the first thing he did every morning.

We had some fun birthday parties with our fam and Elliott's first friend party.

This is Elliott begging to open his presents from Grammy and Grandpa and his aunties before we were even finished with dinner.



I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said, "round" so I made my favorite- chocolate!

E didn't end up eating much cake- but oh..the frosting! ;)
We had a "Speed Racer" birthday party for his friends since Elliott is obsessed and since he was turning five and the car is named "Mach 5." So we played a little race car game and had yummy red Mach 5 (strawberry) cake.


Elliott loves his friends and had so much fun- but it was so crazy and LOUD! Thank goodness Linds stayed to help me out.
We got Elliott a ramp, (he was always asking to use the neighbors) and a skateboard. He likes using the ramp with his bike every waking minute that he can. 

He has been practicing his skateboard a lot too. We have these awesome little neighbor boys who we watch skate all the time, so he already wants to do it like them. It will be a while before he can use it on the ramp though...




"The Launch"
This is his latest trick (No legs!) along with his "one hand" riding. He really loves his bike!

9 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Here I am biting my cheek waiting for him to fall! Is this what I have to look foward to with Finn? You guys are the awesome-ist parents ever!

Amy said...

What a handsome little boy! I love the count-down-to-birthday chart. That's the best way to do it.

Mom Swalz said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet little, oh wait - big boy Elliott is! What a fun birthday had! I love the cars too- how fun! He will have so so much fun with the skateboard and ramp :) Great idea on the countdown chart too! You are such a great mom, Sini!! Love you tons!

Lindz said...

He looks so cute on his little skateboard! I'm sure he will be doing tricks in no time!! =)

lindsey v said...

Cute countdown chart. When he was over last week I said, "5 more days til your birthday!" and he got a huge smile and said, "How did you know?"
He's going to be so good on the skateboard. He's such a sporty kid.

Amy said...

ELLIOTT!!! That is so awesome! I can't believe he's 5. I love the ramp, that will be a lot of fun. Glad he had such a great b-day.

The Bentley's said...

how fun!!! he is such a cutie and you have the cutest little family. i loved your calender idea of counting down. i think i might copy you! too fun

Tagen and Eric said...

I love the no legs picture. I remember those days when I was young. It looks like Elliot had loads of fun. I can't wait to see you guys in a few days.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

PS your cake turned out amazing!! can you tell me who the decorator was? haha good job sini!! love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...