Friday, September 26, 2008

Family Time

It has been such a busy and fun couple of weeks while all my Finnish relatives have been here. It is really fun to mingle with them. Even though some of us have no idea what the other is saying, we still communicate and feel each other's love- it's pretty cool. They are some of the most kind people I know. Such love!
Some of my favorite things that have taken place are, Uncle Kalevi making a delicious potato/sausage soup and fish another night. Marketta using her English skills with confidence and proudly showing us pictures of her grandkids. Ilmi trying to understand all of Adam's jokes and her and Eero playing with Ollie (tickles and teases need no language!) Maarit giving Halloween socks with spiders on them to my boys (even though Halloween isn't celebrated in Finland...) Seppo climbing into the clubhouse in my backyard and going down the slide while Eero took his picture. My mom speaking in Finnish to me and English to the Finns, while we all look on with blank stares. Ollie pointing out each person as I say their names and then giving them fives and knuckles. 16 year old Essi translating for all of us. Maarit and Marketta giving all of us girls roses, for no reason (they smell so good!) Seeing their finds from their shopping trips each day. (My mom said they all just want to keep shopping all the time.) Having my Mom and Aunts prepare Finnish potato bread and me eating so much of it that my stomach hurt (I just can't get enough of it!) I can't believe the time has gone by so fast, and they only have this weekend left before they go back home. Then it will be our turn to visit them. :)
(Above Picture) Front Row: My mom- Leena, Ilmi and Eero, Maarit, Essi and Seppo. 
Back Row: My dad- Jim, Kalevi and Marketta.
My Mom and her sibs (youngest to oldest)- Seppo, Marketta, Leena and Eero.
Linds, Tagen (Eric's wife), Eric and Sini.
Eric adjusting my Aunt Marketta. We were all able to benefit from Erkki's Chiropractic skills, including the kiddies. We can't wait for them to move back to Utah and go to him regularly.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Hey Swalbergs! What a great last name you have! You and I are family, not too many generations back. I'm glad to see another happy and prosperous Swalberg family!

Justin Swalberg
Founder of Swalberg.com

Jessica said...

Your parents look great, Sinik! They look like they haven't aged a day since I last saw them like 8 years ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...