Sunday, June 15, 2008

Girls Camp!!

I had such a fun time at camp last week! It was up at the Heber Valley Camp, which is right above Heber, Utah. It was so pretty and fun to be out in the fresh mountain air. I always love camp because it is so spiritual. Here are some of the highlights:
Working with these awesome girls! Kim and Jackie- camp directors and me, Rachel and Melissa who are YW leaders. They were so much fun. We really laughed our heads off the whole time about anything and everything. 
I took this one for my boys. These little guys were everywhere. We also saw lots of chipmunks and deer.
Our whole ward in our blue tie-dyed shirts. We had 18 girls and 5 leaders. Our girls are so fabulous! They are sweet, nice, loving and helpful (most of the time.) We couldn't have asked for better girls!
Boating with Ashley and Christina. We didn't fall in, although 3 girls from our camp did! But every time I moved just a smidgeon, we almost tipped, thanks to the girls wanting the "harder to balance boat."
The leaders again at the camp fire. We smelled like little smokey s'mores! :) Did I mention how great these guys were??
Okay, so the first day was nice and warm. But on the second day the temps began to drop and it was freezing the rest of the time! We ate breakfast and dinner with our whole stake in this huge pavilion, which we liked to call "the wind tunnel." We had to bundle with all of our belongings just to stand it, but we hardly ever warmed up. We did have cabins, thank goodness, but the floors were cement so they stayed rather chilly.  
Ahh, the snow. As if we didn't get enough this winter.... This was the day we were supposed to go on long hikes, but they decided to cancel them, which meant cabin time. It felt a little like I imagine a cold prison cell feeling like, because our feet never warmed up, and we shivered the whole time. But we passed the time by coloring, playing jacks and painting our nails crazy colors. We also did hair all day, which was fun for me because I never really get to do hair. 

I had a fun and pretty relaxing time. I ate my meals without getting up 10 times like I do at home. But in the end, it was just good to come home to my boys. No more camp planning until next year! Summer vacation, here we come!!

9 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I'm so glad you had cabins, especially with the snow. We got it up here too. My mom says it's a sign of the last days. All I can say is, the world better wait to end until after I get married. :)

Nielson said...

That looks like so much fun! I have such great memories of my girls camps (except for the canoeing--imagine tipping over with alligators in the water--so scary!!). You guys seem like the funnest leaders, the girls are so lucky!

lindsey v said...

You guys got to do so many fun things that we never got to do at our girls camp. It sounded like lots of fun! Glad you had fun despite the cold.

rachel said...

Could I look like a bigger dork in the picture?! Waaayy to cold, but crazy how much fun we had despite the weather! I am glad I was there with you!

Naoma said...

I cannot believre that it snowed while you were there!! That is crazy. It looks like you guys had a great time, the girls couldn't have asked for a better YW President!

Lindz said...

How fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast there! And I bet you are so happy to be back to this HOT weather after the weather you had there!

Charlotte said...

Looks fun, I bet the girls love having you as there leader! You are just so dang cute, even camping!

The Kohler Family said...

Oh man..I HATE being cold! But it sounds like despite the cold weather you guys had a great time!

Jessica said...

Looks like you survived! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...