Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You know it's summer when.....

You eat breakfast with no shirt on because it has already been soaked by playing in water outside!!
You run outside as soon as you're dressed to start the daily collection of rollie pollies.
You play in the gutter every time a sprinkler is on up the street.  It's our suburban stream! Here Ollie is letting go of his rollie pollies (about 10 of them) so they can go swimming. Elliott is giving one of his toys a bath. 
Melty ice cream cones. We had to clean out the freezer to make room for the girls camp food (23 of those big muffins- 12 count- from Costco!!!! I could only fit 3 and the rest are spread throughout the neighborhoods' freezers....) So the neapolitan ice cream tub was the vicitim. We all had huge cones, and I still couldn't bring myself to throw it away, so I called a neighbor down the street who has 5 kids and made them take it. I kept asking Ollie if he was finished with his cone, but he wouldn't let me take it...... as he made a little, drippy trail from our front yard, to the backyard, into the play house and all over his shirt, shorts and shoes. I don't care- yay for summer!!! I'm so glad it's finally here!! 

8 comments:

{leah} said...

I love summer!!! Bed times get pushed back (a little) there is no harm in popsicals as a morning snack and clothes (especially for boys) are optional. Horray for summer!!

Chelsea said...

Looks like your kids are havving tons of fun, I love that I am reading this while is is pouring rain and cold outside, don't you just love our States weather

tammy said...

I love this post, it describes summer perfectly. It made me feel like a kid because I remember doing all those things. Your kids are so cute. It looks like you are going to have a fun summer.

The Kohler Family said...

I love the last picture of Ollie and the ice cream and drool running down his shirt! Thats TOTALLY summer for ya!

Rena said...

I love that little Montana Shirt. Oh- and we have that same ikea breakfast bowl! It's funny that you are so excited for summer and I wish I could see winter. It's summer year round here. I miss the seasons!

Tagen and Eric said...

Yeah, for summer. I love Ollie's Montana shirt. It is time to go camping and swimming in Utah. I forgot to tell you if you buy a tent go to REI or Kirkham's. A spring bar is to hard to put up. There are so many other options now. If you need more tent advise have Adam give me a call.

Amy said...

Such a cute post! I love the things kids do outside in the summer. There are so many things for them to be curious about and explore. How fun! Have fun at girls camp! So excited for you!

Lindz said...

Ollie is so cute eating his ice cream cone! Oh and the rollie pollie pics are cute too...Ayden does the same thing which really grosses me out!! I guess being the mom to a boy I am gonna have to start liking bugs now! Ha!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...