Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ollie Jack

Our little Ollie. He's such a handful, but so cute at the same time- I think that deserves a post. So here are some of his favorites right now....
He loves his little blankey and used to cry when we put it in the wash. Now he loves to put it in himself and  loves it even more to get it out when it's fresh, clean and warm. It makes him so happy. I love that he lets us call him our baby still. If we ask if he's a big boy or baby, he will say baby (unless he's done some great new skill and then he lets the praises fly!) Here he is snuggling with his warm lovie, which he will often share by rubbing it on our faces. 

His favorite toys right now are cars!! Or anything that moves. He brings them to me all day. If I'm at the computer, my lap will be full. This was tonight while I was making dinner. He brought me all the cars and wanted me to hold them. I read an article the other day about our kids trusting us with their little treasures. I'm not sure if that's what he's doing, or if this is the way he includes me in his play, but it's pretty funny. 

He also loves his bike. I thought this was a funny picture because he was going around and around and you could see the tracks. Usually he just follows E around, but he never uses the pedals. He goes pretty fast down sloping driveways too. Sometimes I just can't watch, but he's always fine.


Some of his other faves include saying prayers and always asking for Daddy to come home safely, chewing gum, (if he could have some in his mouth every second he would be happy!!) picking strawberries from our patch every morning, tantrums (when I tell him no he says, "No, YES!") naming off my sister's whole family, "Benny, Elli, Addie, Linds, Brian...." he does this at least a few times a day! Reading books over and over and saying his favorite parts, being sneaky and telling me, (when I'm putting him down for a nap) "But it's not nighttime, see?" and points to the window. Or I'll tell him something fun we'll do when he wakes up and he'll say, "But I'm already awake!" Some of his favorite phrases include, "Me want some" and "Way over der" or "You wuv it Mommy?" after he has colored a picture or if we're eating something yummy. He's fun to have a conversation with because everything he says is so cute, in fact I think he talked more on my one phone call home from camp than E did. 

He tells me all the time that Adam's "motorcycle is fast. It's 85." 

And the other day as we were sitting in traffic he pointed to an older guy who looked like a biker, but instead was driving an old camero, with a bandana on his head and said, "Look Mommy, a pirate! But he's not a mean pirate, he's a nice one."

Ollie is our little stinker and we love him so much!

4 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I like the one of him sleeping on the couch! They look like such angels when they're sleeping. So cute!

magleby4 said...

He's so cute! What is it with gum and two year olds. I use gum to bribe mason he loves it so much.

lindsey v said...

I loved that post from start to finish! Ollie is such a cutie! I love that little guy!!

Jessica said...

So cute that he loves his blankie! Edmond loves the little blankie that you gave him too. I keep it in his car seat and he loves sucking on it and feeling it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...