Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our adventurous hike

So tonight for Young Womens, we decided to go on a hike, since we weren't able to at camp because of the snow. We had heard there were trails right up above our neighborhood, so we decided to go there and save some time and gas. It was supposed to get up to 98 degrees today, so I started to worry about that, even though we weren't leaving until about 6:30 PM. Also, since we had planned it, I had heard that it was dirty with lots of garbage and such- but it turned out great! The girls had fun, (I think!) we got some exercise and we had some great conversations. The hot wind kept us surprisingly cool and we had views of the whole Northern part of the valley. Along with the cool views, we saw an antelope, a dead snake in the road that looked alive, some HUGE caterpillars (that I couldn't figure out how to get home to show my boys without touching them) and some crazy bug infestations that looked like little army hats walking around. I've lived here for 5 years and had never been up there. We only had a third of our girls due to vacations, injuries, etc. but we had lots of fun!

I seriously love these girls! 

6 comments:

Naoma said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun hike! Working with the YW is always fun, even though it is time consuming and alot of work... They are sure lucky to have you!

lindsey v said...

Hopefully those bugs and snakes don't make their way down the hills. Pretty view!

The Bentley's said...

how fun! and i would be like you... really want to bring the caterpillars home to my boys but not brave enough to pick them up!:))

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Same here! Caterpillars are only cute when their not invading my space!

rachel said...

what a funny picture... I love looking at it bigger, see all the girls personalities! Definitely more fun that I thought it would be!

Rena said...

It's okay that you have lived there 5 years and just barely went up there. Russ and I made a list of tons of things we never saw in Utah and we lived there for 27 years.
Cant wait to see ya next month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...