Friday, August 1, 2008

Bugs and Bummies

So this is our daily summer routine: Ollie wakes up around 7 AM, we eat breakfast, go explore our garden and flowerbeds and find bugs. Elliott wakes up around 9 AM and eats breakfast. Ollie always wants to have something too, so he eats a little more. Then E comes out to play with the bugs. We usually keep the bug (whatever it may be that morning) in a jar for the day, when they aren't carrying them around in their hands. If they want to do something else really quick, they say, "Here Mommy- you hold it." No way. I hate grasshoppers especially. The other day I finally picked up a caterpillar on our walk because the boys were way ahead and I didn't want them to have to come back. It made me squeemish the whole time. YUCK! I agree with whoever said that bugs were put on earth for little boys to play with and torture (even if they are trying to be gentle)... 


YUCKY!

Ollie has turned into a little water boy this summer. While E was still sleeping the other morning, I was changing Ollie's diaper and he said he WANTED to take a bath. Usually they put up a little stink to get in the tub. So he swam and swam and didn't want to get out. Every time we go to the pool, he wants me to let go of him in the deep ends, so he can paddle and kick. So I walk around holding him on his belly so he can pretend.
A few hours after the tub, we filled up our little pool with FREEZING cold water. Ollie was the only one who put anything besides his feet in. So he started out in his clothes... then got everything soaked, so I took them off.
Then his diaper ballooned into a huge sponge, so I took that off too.
I walked around the corner to throw the diaper in the trash and this is what I see...
It was SO funny! I asked him what he was doing up there. He told me he was warming up. Elli hardly even noticed and just kept playing while Ollie watched. Talk about slivers!!!

11 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

That is the cutest little white butt I have ever seen!

Amy said...

Sinika! That is so funny! Your boys are so cute! Logan still talks about Elliot and asks when he can play with him.

Becky said...

That is so funny! Ah, the inhibitions of children. Clairissa and her friend used to jump on our neighbors trampoline after they stripped down to their nothings. What cute memories that makes.

Becky said...

should I have said uninhibitions? Ok, who knows, you know what I mean. Lol!!!

The Kohler Family said...

Ugh...I cringe at those HUGE grasshoppers! Ahh, the innocence of children, walking around naked like its no big deal. How cute! :)

MiStY said...

Seriously one of the cutest things. I love when kids let lose and they are so imaginative and silly. I agree with the bug stuff. I swear I never had to hold one until Rylan decided to start being a bug boy. Oh what fun!

Jody said...

What a little streaker you have. Great blackmail photos.

Knudson Family said...

This post made me laugh! Little kids just enjoy being naked! My kids hardly get dressed (unless we are going somewhere) because it is so hot. At least they wear their underwear...and you would never get me to pick up that nasty grasshopper!

Tamara with a "T" said...

naked baby bums are so dang cute...I love this blog thing...I would've never known about your garden, bugs, trips, and baby bums!!!

Telisse and Kade said...

That is too funny! I love that you can see you taking the picture in the reflection of the glass.... Bugs bugs bugs.... we know all about bugs. Kade doesnt let them climb on him thought. he just likes to put them in the jar and then watch or leave them in the sun and then i find them and they are toasted!

Amy said...

HAHAH HAHAH! Seriously, that boy makes us all laugh. I love it! His little personality is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...