Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Holly the Dog

We were able to watch Adam's parents' dog, Holly for a few days last week. And other than banning our kittty to the basement for a few days, it was really, really fun! She is such a gentle little dog and the boys LOVE her. She definitely got her share of walks from Elliott, although for Ollie, the second she started pulling on the leash would pawn her off on one of us. So this got me to thinking. I've always wanted a dog, although I have never had one growing up. When we got married, we got a cat soon after, and always thought we would get a dog later. But now that our house feels like a zoo already, and I know dogs are a lot of work, (seriously- one more thing to clean up after???) we have no desire to get one anytime soon. So these are my reasons for wanting a dog- a friend for my boys, clean up crumbs from the boys, and bark if there are intruders. There is a list of cons that I won't go into- but they sort of outweigh the pros. But this is the perfect alternative! We can borrow a dog for a few days, the boys love the newness, we can love, walk them and play non-stop with them, we only have to clean up a few poops and deal with barking for a couple of days, and then we give them back! I think this may be a little how grandparents feel about grandkids. So if anyone needs a dog sitter- we are available, but only if your dog is as nice as Holly. We can't wait for the next time she comes!

8 comments:

Nielson said...

What a cute dog! That sounds like a good plan to me (although my cat might be a little offended)--my cons outweigh the pros--but a dog every once in a while would be great!

Chelsea said...

Totally with you on the dog borrowing idea...love dogs...cons outweigh the pros... he is a really cute dog. Sounds like your boys had fun with him.

Amy said...

I bet Holly has such a fun time at your house! I can totally see the boys loving her. My Mom misses her! (and the boys too!)

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I have a con to add to your list, if it isn't already there. Your cat will despise the dog. No joke! You have to get both at the same time and then they'll be best buds. I had a black cat for twelve years and for the last 5 years of his life we had a dog. He would walk up to the dog and rub up against him like he was being friendly and then realize who had just been rubbing and hiss at him.It was funny but the dog was scared of him.

Lindz said...

Be careful what you wish for....we may drop our 2 dogs off in your backyard one of these days!! Ha!! I bet they aren't as nice as Holly though, so we better not!! =)

Shay said...

We feel the same way you do. I have always wanted a dog, but they are sooo much work! I already clean enough as is... we have done the same thing, dog sitting Brandon's parents dog. It is great to have for a couple of days and then give back! Such cute boys!

Christine Rowley said...

I feel the same way about having a dog. Unfortunately Dan doesn't, and keeps talking about getting a dog.

lindsey v said...

A crawling baby will clean up crumbs too! Maybe you should just get one of those. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...