Friday, August 8, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset

Oh my! I definitely have a little obsession with the sky and how beautiful and different it is every day! (Maybe I'm just a SPOL girl!) I have a great view from my back porch and the sun is always ready to come up when I'm leaving to go running, so I usually snap a few shots if I really love it. But most of the time, we are out running just enjoying the beauty of it all. I love that it changes so fast, from one minute to the next. 

{October 2007}


{August 2008}
{Summer 2008}


{August 2008}
This was the sunset on the way back from an early date last week. We were actually in Maggie Moo's waiting in line and I saw it from the window and pointed it out to Adam (as I always do...) A second later the girl working there yelled to the crew and everyone else in the little shop, "The sunset it gorgeous out there, so you might want to look before it's gone!" On the way home we were driving toward it so we had this awesome view.  Adam thought it was silly to stop, so I rolled down the window and snapped a shot. Then as we were driving I saw another woman stopped on the side of the road hanging out of her SUV taking a picture. I knew then that there are others like me! ;)

When I was working at the flooring store in Orem, during the winter we would have these amazing sunsets. We had a huge window to see them and I would always watch them while I finished up my stuff for the day. Adam's Dad would always emerge from his back office and CLOSE THE SHADES! Without even seeing the sunset! I would always open them back up and show him what he was missing. So he eventually stopped shutting them and maybe even saw a few beautiful skies. 

6 comments:

Tagen and Eric said...

I love a good sunset or sunrise. My family always calls it an "emergency" because you need to stop and look. I have a great view from my work. I love to stop what I am doing and just watch what God has created.

Nielson said...

I have a million pictures of sunsets on my computer too--I just love them--and rainbows!!! And I remember that exact sunset you are talking about--the last one you took--it was gorgeous!

Jessica said...

Sini, you are so cool. I love that you grow beets and read books and care about the sunset. You really make life seem magical. I just love you.

Naoma said...

I love when the sun is coming and going... Your pictures are beautiful and isn't it so fun to have a perfect view of both!

Lyndee said...

Wow. I love to see the mountains. I just love you mother inlaw. She is the best. You need to come to visit Amy. I need to get you email address. I am going private. Can you leave it on my blog.

Amy said...

Love those sunsets. What a fun post. Totally MR Carpet to do something like that. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...