Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bear Lake

We went on our annual trip to Bear Lake last weekend. (At least we try to go every year...) This time it was my Mom's ward campout and the next few days were the McEntire reunion. It was so fun to see everyone! I love my Mom's ward- I consider lots of them great friends. And the McEntire family is just amazing. They are the most kind and loving people I know. I love to hear stories about my Dad and feel what his brothers and sisters are like- it makes me feel like I know him better, even though he died when I was a baby. 

Anyway... the boys were in complete heaven! They wanted to be down by the water every second they were awake. It was nice that the lake is shallow with a really gradual slope- so we didn't have to worry.

Elliott wrote his name in the sand. I love how he makes his "E" it is so cute! I never want to tell him that there are only 3 arms...
My niece, Addie loved the water. It was so fun to watch her splash and play! Poor Linds had to keep a close eye on her because she would just crawl deeper and deeper. And she liked to eat the sand.

Little Ollie can't ever seem to keep his face clean. This is when he was playing in some sand mixed with dirt- but I have no ideal how he got it all over every inch of his face!!
We had such funny weather. The clouds would roll in and it would get windy or rain, and then it would be warm and sunny.

The blow-up plane was a big hit with Elliott. He even carried it the whole time down to the water without any help.
Snack Time!! We had lots of these, because what's a campout without the best treats ever?

These are my cousins, Amanda, Keith and Kayley Scott. They are all so beautiful and look so much alike- I thought they could be triplets.
The Marvin McEntire fam: Vera, Rena, Wanda, Marvin, Yolanda and Bentley. Marvin is the oldest of 12 kids, and my dad was the 2nd- needless to say there is a huge age difference in cousins... My Mom got more pics from the rest of the families- I'll have to steal them and put some on later.
Sand castle time. The boys couldn't wait to build one.

Relaxing with our feet in the waves. I love the beach!!


Elliott and Benny- always having fun.

Benny buried in the sand.
Our last time to the beach right before we left for home. I can't wait to go back next year!
Oh yes- we got to walk on a path surrounded by these beautiful grasses and flowers. They were so pretty!

Ollie's tan lines from his sandals.

14 comments:

Lindz said...

What a fun family vacation...I wish I could go to Bear Lake!! =) Looks like your kids had a lot of fun!

Becky said...

You didn't mention in your farmer tan blog that Adam has a farmers tan as well. Cute stuff! :o)

Kate said...

We love Bear lake too! It is so perfect for the kids. I love Ollie's dirty little face!

magleby4 said...

I am so jealous looking at the pictures I wish I was there. Your kids are so adorable. He he.. Aiden does his E's just like Elliot does. It's so cute.

Breezy said...

I would have to say my favorite picture is the one of not Ollie's tan lines but Adam's! Ha Ha :)

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

OH MY GOSH! That is the worst angle of me. I'm going running every day until I die!
Your boys are so cute, you all look like you had a much better time than me!

The Kohler Family said...

..and the winner of the farmer tan is.....ADAM!!! It looks like he has a shirt on!

Amy said...

Looks like your family had a great time. That is so cute the way Elliot does his E's. I love to see the way kids learn to write letters. It makes sense to them. :)

{leah} said...

Looks like fun. What a way to end the summer! I love all the cute pictures of you boys.

Naoma said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! I love your swimsuit too, so cute! We are going to have to try out bear lake sometime, it looks like a great place.

Elisabeth said...

I found you!

Loving looking at your adventures. Okay we are going to plan a Bear Lake trip.

Jessica said...

I love Bear Lake. I remember the time I went there with you...I don't know if it was the ward outing or not...but I have a picture of all of us (Ang, Tamara, Jill, Monica) on the beach and we're all wearing one-pieces. Thank goodness tankeenies are now the norm. I've decided that one-pieces are gross. Who wants to show that much leg anyway?

The Bentley's said...

how fun sinika!! i love bear lake. last time we went i got FRIED!!! the sun can be so deceiving there! glad you had fun. your boys are to die for cute!

Rena said...

It was so fun to see all of you guys. I wish it could have been longer so we could have hung out longer and chatted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...