Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's finally here!!!

On Friday night a few of my neighbor pals were heading out to the midnight release of "Breaking Dawn"- the new book by Stephenie Meyer. I got to go with them (I might have invited myself, but oh well...) It felt so crazy putting our kids to bed at meeting on Emily's driveway, like we were teenagers sneaking out or something. First we went to the Barnes & Noble, where they had games and prizes and a Edward and Bella look a like couple you could get your pictures with. A lot of the people were dressed up in prom dresses, since the party said it was for a wedding... and there were even a few people wearing wedding dresses and dressed like vampires. It was a madhouse!! 
Emily, Karen, Heather, Sini and Lindsay
Prom dresses and the crowd- this picture doesn't 
show the thousands of people that were there!! And this was just at one little store 
in one little city. I can't imagine how many books were sold that night.
Edward and Bella

Anyway, we only stayed at Barnes & Noble for a bit before they pushed everyone out at 11 to start the lines outside. We headed over to Jamba Juice for a smoothie. Then we went to Walmart, where we heard the book was  a little cheaper. We all got our copy and headed home. I was busy all weekend, so I've only read a few chapters, but I might be a little neglectful this week... I'm so excited it's finally here!

13 comments:

{leah} said...

Istill don't get the craze with these books.... But I'm glad that you had fun, and probably giggles at all the people that dressed up.... I would have :)

Naoma said...

I wish that I coulda gone with you guys!! Looks like you guys had a great time and I want to borrow the book when you are done! =)

HURCS - Youth Conference - Trek 2009 said...

The book is so good. I finished late last night. You'll love it!

HURCS - Youth Conference - Trek 2009 said...

Sorry Sinika! I signed in on our Stake's Trek Site! Whoops! Lack of sleep from reading all weekend and an all nighter on Friday!
Wendy

Amy said...

That looked like so much fun! I thought for sure the books would be sold out and that I wouldn't be able to get a copy, so I ordered mine online. Then on Saturday I was at Deseret Book and they had tons of copies! I hear that is how it is everywhere. So now I am still waiting for my copy to come in the mail. UGH! I thought it would be like the last book. I couldn't find it anywhere when it came out. Oh well, in a few days I will have it and it will be fine. :)

Chelsea said...

Looks like so much fun, I missed it, my friends are all old and boring, they were too tired to go... I haven't gotten the book yet, I had a busy weekend and knew if I had it I wouldn't get anything done...I am dying I think I will go and get it today!

Ty and Mari said...

You are crazy!!!

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

I went and bought it at wal mart when I saw this on our blog. I haven't read any of it yet though. because I haven't read the first two! I'm re-reading all of the Harry Potter's now.

lindsey v said...

So fun!! How come you didn't get your picture taken with Edward? Hee hee.

sinika said...

The line to get a picture with them was wrapped all throughout the store!! It would have been about an hour wait I think!!

Nielson said...

Mmmm--Jamba...thanks to Karen's quick sprinting skills! :)

Tagen and Eric said...

I am so jealous you have the book already. I can't wait to read it.

Mom Swalz said...

OK- so I finally broke down and read the first one yesterday! This way I can read them all without waiting in between :) Looks like you had a great time Friday night! Happy Reading! Love & miss you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...