Sunday, July 25, 2010

silver lake

On Saturday, Adam and his friend Mark took a 200 mile motorcycle ride to visit an old Utah ghost town. So Mark's wife Tisha and I took our kids on a little adventure to Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood canyon. It was beautiful! I'm so glad we went. The weather was perfect, it wasn't too crowded and the kids had lots of fun climbing and discovering (if only we'd found a salamander to hold!)
And Tisha was lots of fun to hang out with too! We haven't really gotten together very much- but I've followed her blog for a long time- so it almost feels like we're old friends. Look- you really can be friends with your blogging buddies in real life! :)

Linc is very determined to get down to the water and the ducks- maybe if I stick my foot through here and my head through here...



There were lots of little trails and places to climb just off the boardwalk path.


Tisha and McKinley
Me and the boys.
One worn out Linc.
P.S. This hike was just one mile total- around the lake- so perfect for families. I think I might go on a Sunday drive up the canyon (also beautiful) and go on this little walk again sometime. If you want to go: drive 14 miles up big cottonwood, end at Brighton ski resort. On your right is a parking lot with signs for the Silver Lake trail head. You can hook on to some other trails that take you out further to some other lakes too.

6 comments:

tammy said...

When did Ollie grow up? Is it the haircut or the 2009 pictures you were showing? Scary how fast.

Ty and Mari said...

I love that you do so many fun things with your kids! I am going to have to go up there sometime! Aliya loved hiking up to Bridal Veil Falls, I am sure she would love this one too! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I was just thinking before reading the last part of your post, "Hm, I wonder how you get there, that looks like a great place to go" so thank you for giving the directions. =) your boys are growing so fast! Especially your littlest! They are so very cute and looks like they had a great time with you on the hike.

Kenzy said...

Your post made me miss Utah terribly. You always take such great pictures. We used to love Silver Lake.

BTW-Do you remember a Samantha (I can't remember her maiden name) who sat by you in Chemistry? She is in my ward and we discovered that she knew you and Lindsay. Such a small world. She mentioned how she always though you were so cute and bubbly. I told her that you were still the same way. I'll have to ask her maiden name again the next time I see her. Too funny!

Tisha and Mark said...

We had SO much fun! You are a happening chick and can't wait to kick it again! We would even be down for heading up on a Sunday with you guys! I will hit you up when we get back from Boston! Thanks again for sending the pics.

Mom Swalz said...

Looks like you had another great day with the boys! You are just a great "boy" mom, Sini! You love to do all that stuff and those boys love to do it with you!! You are one very lucky mom! Thanks for sharing them with us so much! We looove them soooo much and you & Adam too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...